Hawk TMk2 No. IV (R) Squadron 100 Years Special

Hi

Here is my Airfix 1/72 Hawk TMk2 bought in the recent Jadlam sale for £7.

I built it from the box with the only additions being masking tape seat belts, a cut-down dress-maker's pin for the pitot and the very nice Xtradecal RAF Anniversary Update 2011/2012

I sprayed the model with Tamiya X-1, and following the decal application, I brushed on a coat of Klear (removing some of the minuscule stencil decals in the process!) I didn't use all the Airfix stencils, as I felt that they might ruin the look of the model.

I'm sorry about the picture quality, but the winter overcast is not conducive to good photographs.

DSC_5316_zps54d6796c.jpg

DSC_5318_zpscdbb1368.jpg

DSC_5320_zps4098eca4.jpg

DSC_5321_zps0d8ac50e.jpg

DSC_5322_zpse364bea1.jpg

DSC_5324_zps317e4377.jpg

DSC_5325_zpsc2a651d6.jpg

DSC_5326_zpse26b385f.jpg

DSC_5328_zps5d24c7b7.jpg

Edited by Alpha Delta 210
  • Like 2

I think Mark and I must be joined at the hip.  A great example of the T.2.  Love this scheme and the  model!

Hope my 1/48th version comes out at least half as good.  Do you have any dimensions for the 'Winder Aquis? 

I think Mark and I must be joined at the hip.  A great example of the T.2.  Love this scheme and the  model!

Hope my 1/48th version comes out at least half as good.  Do you have any dimensions for the 'Winder Aquis? 

cut the 'wings' off a winder!

Thanks for all the kind words, chaps. It is a nice little kit, but I still prefer the nose profile of the TMk1 !

I was motivated to build this kit before the 100 Squadron "Bomber Command" Hawk, because there are some good pictures of it in the current issue of Air International. The training rounds are not accurate by any means, as I just cut the forward fins and the tail section off!!

Im dead jealous, I'm waiting to build this in 1:48 but waiting for someone to bring out the underbelly pod....still waiting.

Nice build

I re-shaped the kit gun pod which, like the acquisition rounds isn't strictly accurate, but looks OK to me in 1/72.

Thanks again.