Seafire FR.47 1/32

I purchased the Freightdog conversion set for the Revell 1/32 Spitfire when it was first released but took some time to pluck up the courage to start it.

The Revell base kit can be a bit challenging anyway as the parts breakdown for the wings is quite a strange design. Coupled with the 1970's moulding technology (this was originally produced by Matchbox) there is, shall we say, "room for improvement".

Mods include, Freightdog resin conversion, Greymatters belly tank, Quickboost seat and Barracuda canopy handle from a set I bought for the Tamiya Spitfire XVI.

Added detail to the wheel wells, replaced gear legs with brass tube, scratchbuilt details in the cockpit and built plasticard 'cameras' to prevent see through look in through the camera ports.

WIP thread is here - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234931641&hl=

008-1_zps71b7db13.jpg

009-1_zps15441bb1.jpg

010-1_zps7305c75b.jpg

011-1_zps2283b8ea.jpg

012-2_zpsd4d4e24d.jpg

013_zps88523d7a.jpg

016-1_zpsa5e0636e.jpg

017-1_zps6713680f.jpg

I really think the Matchbox Spitfire makes a lovely looking model but I love the 'ultimate' Seafire and am very pleased to have one in 32nd scale.

Overall a very enjoyable build and I'm very pleased with the result. There were a couple of errors on this build. I forgot to re-scribe the larger flap fitted to the Seafire and the spinner should have been EDSG on this aircraft, things I have to live with now. Need to check refs and instructions more carefully in the future, but I have learned from this.

Regards, Steve.

• Like 8

What a beautiful job! I keep umming and ahhing about getting the Revell/Matchbox 1/32 Spitfire. I normally build straight from the box and I don't think I have the requisite skills (or patience) to bring it up to scratch considering some of the issues I gather the kits has.

That looks just the job, I've got a couple of those kits lurking in the loft with the same conversion, must get around to building one at some time.

Nice work

Cheers

Dennis