1/48 Tamiya Mustang III build, first WIP

Val

Well, been a while, but a very minor update. It's not easy to see as I've already got the white tac on, but the first camo colour is on. Was hoping to get the green on tonight as well, but time ran out, as it does! Here we go:

null_zps355bda06.jpg

null_zps8534f52a.jpg

As I said, minor update, but hopefully more to follow shortly. Did a bit of panel fading, which is quite subtle, but hopefully will look ok. Let us know your thoughts :)

Cheers,

Val

• Like 3

It is looking good Val, it is a great kit with very little issues.

Did you find the wing fit a bit tight? I did on mine. :goodjob:

Thanks! To be honest, I can't 100% remember as I put it together a little while ago... I think there was a touch of a step where the wings met the chin of the aircraft... The fit was tight but ok on the wings to fuselage... The only real issues with the kit I've found is the engraved detail on the underside on the air intake was extremely soft fading to non-existent as I presume the molds are showing their age. Great fun so far though :)

Thanks! To be honest, I can't 100% remember as I put it together a little while ago... I think there was a touch of a step where the wings met the chin of the aircraft... The fit was tight but ok on the wings to fuselage... The only real issues with the kit I've found is the engraved detail on the underside on the air intake was extremely soft fading to non-existent as I presume the molds are showing their age. Great fun so far though :)

Like some us , showing their age LOL.

But yo are right ,it`s a fun kit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, she's still being worked on!! Here is the camo finished

null_zps0bf397c7.jpg

null_zps0a940df0.jpg

null_zpsc67653db.jpg

The paint shading is slightly exaggerated by the camera, it's a bit more subtle in real life.

Let me know what you think!

Val

• Like 5

Thanks all :)

Wow! Will be a beaty :)

Hope the Tamiya-Decals will work fine. Had a lot of problems with them.

Cheers

Peter

Ah... I might try one of the spare kit decals on my test bed planes before I commit to the kit decals then.... thanks for the heads up :)

V

I have done this exact kit, didn't turn out as nice as yours though! I really like the seatbelts and the camo turned out great! The Mustang in RAF-colors looks just right.

I need to make a +1 on the decal comment, that was the only thing supplied by Tamiya I didn't like but it was a while ago so it can also be me doing something wrong applying them.

Edited by somnas