Focke Wulf FW190A-5, III/JG2 Richtofen

Here is my first completed build for this year. It's the Eduard Profipack kit built OOB with the exception of some lead wire brake lines. Finished as Egon Mayer's aircraft which was one of the options in the kit. No real dramas with the build but lining up the cowling parts was tricky. Painted with my preferred choice of Gunze Aqueous Mr Color :) Look forward to your comments...

DSC00858_zpsf204cd86.jpg

DSC00861_zpsc97fbc1d.jpg

DSC00857_zps026290c4.jpg

DSC00856_zps5e953aa1.jpg

DSC00865_zps1b1ce590.jpg

DSC00853_zps9d390fe9.jpg

DSC00852_zps8aa489d5.jpg

DSC00863_zps15fd5e2f.jpg

DSC00855_zps880e36d3.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice indeed - they can be tricky kits but you've got a winner

very nice, i found the few i have built a bit tricky 

Andy and DJ, thanks for your comments. They can be tricky but lots of test fitting is the way forward! Can be an enjoyable build. I find them good value too as yet to pay more than 20 quid for one!

Good grief :gobsmacked: That's just superb - the model and the photography! Just look at that exhaust staining. It's just right.

:goodjob:

Enzo, you are too kind! I always struggle with my snaps let alone sticking the bloody model together! Exhaust staining is a mixture of Tamiya red-brown and NATO black :)

Cheers Kurt, always appreciate your comments as you build such top quality stuff. What next, now there's a question! I want to build my Tamiya Lancaster this year but still gathering reference material for that one. Promised Mrs Moon to build her a C130-J to commemorate her Afghan tour but that is still a bit further down the line. I've got a few Eduard and Hase 190s and a couple of late bf 109s. Then there's the 1/32 K4! Might do a quick RAF/FAA build next. Either the Airfix Seafire XVII or Special Hobby Spit XII. Can't make my mind up!

Edited by Howard Moon

TFB, go for it! They get some negative press but provided you plan the build properly they go together without any problems. You just have to be mindful that each sub assembly can affect the adjoining one. For instance the inboard cannon bays can foul the wing spar if you are not careful, leading to problems getting the wings aligned.

Howard

Very lovely build ! Great finish !! Peter

Thanks Peter,

That's very nice, subtle paint job and weathering.

Duncan B

Cheers Duncan!

Very nice, you had more success than I did...... well done..

Dave 

Thanks Dave

Howard ,

I love the rooter nose art ...quirky but quite interesting.

Your Focke Wulf FW 190A is SPECTACULAR .. :heart:

It looks very IMPRESSIVE, looks quite IMMACULATE.. :clap::clap:

I LIKED it a lot . :wow::wow:

Well done Sir..

Thank you Houston!