1:72 Airfix P-51D Mustang 44-14722 G4-N "Temptation" 357th FG, 363rd FS

Good news of the day - two of these little beauties to watch! I've got decals for G4-A in 1/48... maybe room for a third?

Passion Wagon or one of Weaver's later mounts?

I've got both, but I'd probably do the bare metal 'nude' for this as it would fit best. If you guys fancy it, I can get my friend who's a bit of whizz at these things to do Photoshop and put the three finished builds together on an airfield!

Meanwhile... more piccies please!  :D 

• Like 1

Nice start Mish, did you have to cut the IP decal looks bigger then the panel on the sheet or is it me???.

Andy. 

It is a bit bigger Andy, but a drop of Tamiya X20A on the decal and it conforms.

I've got both, but I'd probably do the bare metal 'nude' for this as it would fit best. If you guys fancy it, I can get my friend who's a bit of whizz at these things to do Photoshop and put the three finished builds together on an airfield!

Meanwhile... more piccies please!  :D 

Sounds like a plan to me

Did not know this is a speed biuld lol looking good Mish

Les

You know me Les, I don't hang around. Should have this one in the Gallery in a few days ;)

I do like the Airfix F/P-51's and have recently built their F-51 in Dominican colours.

Looking forward to your next update Mish.

Edited by Deacon

Looking forward to the next update.

What did you use for the preshade?

I use some water based artist pens from Faber and Castell called Shades of Grey.

I noticed people are using AM Decals for this kit on this GB, are they no good or are people just doing something different?

I'm using AM decals for several reasons. 1. I like 357th Aircraft, 2. To be different, 3. I didn't fancy building 'Lollipop".