Italeri 1/35 Vosper MTB 234

This is a little sideline project for when i need a change from planes. Bought from Modelzone in their sale for a very good price. I have been wanting one of these for a while but never had the cash , so this showed up at the right time. Im building it as mtb 234 because i like the mid blue camo.

234 had 3 rudders and an oerlikon gun mounted on the bow. The gun will be comming from accurate armour when i get some cash.

I have followed the build of the 1/72 one in the new Airfix mag regarding the rudders , but i have seen others building the center one with a shaft the same length as the other two , so im not sure which is correct , if anyone know please let me know.

Heres the scratch built rudder. Not perfect but good enough for me. It needs the control arm from the stb rudder adding yet.

337.jpg

339.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The center rudder was indeed on a short post as you have gone for. A photo showing the transom is as rare as rocking horse sh.....teeth. Here is what I came up with.

IMAG0770.jpg

The link was from what I could work out just around the waterline. Hope that helps a bit.

Ian M

• 3 months later...