Panzer IV F2

HL-10

Dragon's Panzer IV F2 is an amazing kit.

It features some very fine and exquisite detail.

There are a large number of parts left over to re-stock the spares box!

All I added were some metal tracks.

The crew are from Master Box and Dragon.

I cheated and used Tamiya's decals for the badges on the uniform, my eyesight is not what it used to be!

I painted everything with Humbrol enamels and weathered the model with washes, filters and weathering pigments.

I used Humbrol's new pigments and they are just as good as Mig's.

PZ4-1.jpg

PZ4-2.jpg

PZ4-3.jpg

PZ4-4.jpg

PZ4-5.jpg

PZ4-6.jpg

PZ4-7.jpg

PZ4-8.jpg

PZ4-9.jpg

PZ4-10.jpg

PZ4-11.jpg

PZ4-12.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

Very nice, but what on earth is the man stepping up the side of the turret holding in his right hand -- it looks like a TV remote :lol:
(In fact, if it is, they all have the looks of a group of modellers when watching anything on Discovery History :evil_laugh: )

• Like 1

Very nice, but what on earth is the man stepping up the side of the turret holding in his right hand -- it looks like a TV remote :lol:

(In fact, if it is, they all have the looks of a group of modellers when watching anything on Discovery History :evil_laugh: )

Its his cap! He knows its rude to point, so he's using his hat :winkgrin:

HL-10

The figures are perfect ..the flesh / skin is in MY humbled opinion very good.:clap:

I sent the link to this build to MY sister in Chicago..she studied art and architecture etc and just had a reply back from her..

:clap:

She says that the flesh tones are just right and that where the skin is exposed , like the arms and below the knees there is that hint of maybe the skin catching it and pigmentation is in her words pure joy to see as it is done quite subtly.

She also said that with her keen eye for things others { she meant ME :rofl: } don't see she can see that

Your tracking and the weathering is impeccable..

She asked ME to ask you did you use an airbrush or were the strokes by hand..{ she has used an airbrush and different methods of painting since she was 14 years old..:). } as the strokes are done quite intellectually and are immaculate..:heart:

SO YOU have a fan on USA ..and no she does not model. But would be good at it..

All I can say after copying her comments is IT IS AWESOME WORK.. :heart:

Edited by HOUSTON
  • Like 1

Its his cap! He knows its rude to point, so he's using his hat :winkgrin:

Ah!  All is clear now

Lovely work on the figures -- how did you manage the shoulder straps and cap details?

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind comments, they're greatly appreciated!

Ah!  All is clear now

Lovely work on the figures -- how did you manage the shoulder straps and cap details?

I used Tamiya's German uniform decals for those, a lot easier and neater than painting!

She asked ME to ask you did you use an airbrush or were the strokes by hand..{ she has used an airbrush and different methods of painting since she was 14 years old.. :). } as the strokes are done quite intellectually and are immaculate.. :heart:

I use an airbrush on the vehicles, but my figures are all brush painted.

Thanks again! :D

HL-10

Thank you for your reply.

Rang her last night and told her that you used airbrush on the armor and brush on the figures and she said

that your formulae for painting figures is absolute perfect and knew instantly that you had used a brush ..

:clap:

she said the airbrush sometimes tends leave streaks On smaller surfaces that are sometimes not seen unless you get very close....and she said she thinks what you did to get the fresh tones is your magic formulae and to use it again!!

:goodjob:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...