HMS Broadsword - South Atlantic - June 1982

Thanks very much everyone,  I gave my office a massive clean up yesterday so should have space to work on Hermes now...

@Major Eazy

Very good work, aren't those ships a bit too close to each other? Do you plan to make it look like they're transferring crew or supplies while on the move?

Broadsword's positioning is just right - she'll be replenishing fuel from Hermes - in fact I'll probably have them about to connect rather than being joined to make the composition a touch easier.  Yarmouth is a little close - scale 90ft separation - but not unrealistically so, afterall the list of RN ships that have bumped into other RN ships is a very long one.

Besides at around 800x450mm, the base fits into my display cabinet with under 5mm clearance so not a lot I could do there!

A

• Like 2

Thanks very much everyone,  I gave my office a massive clean up yesterday so should have space to work on Hermes now...

@Major Eazy

Broadsword's positioning is just right - she'll be replenishing fuel from Hermes - in fact I'll probably have them about to connect rather than being joined to make the composition a touch easier.  Yarmouth is a little close - scale 90ft separation - but not unrealistically so, afterall the list of RN ships that have bumped into other RN ships is a very long one.

Besides at around 800x450mm, the base fits into my display cabinet with under 5mm clearance so not a lot I could do there!

A

So I was right, you are planning on making it look like they are going to transfer supplies, well fuel counts as supplies, and I see your point about the RN bumping into each other. That's a really good work there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Superb job Andrew, very impressive finish and weathering. The Buffer on the Yarmouth must have been having a baby! All that rust and not a chance of sending anyone over the side to paint it!