1:32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXc

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

MA574 'A'

GC 1/7 'Provence'. Armee de L'Air, Algeria.

Late 1943

I have been able to find out to much about this plane other than the WWII records show she was produced at Castle Bromwich and shipped to Casablanca and handed over to the Free French Air Force. I found one wartime Black and White photo of her and from this I have based most of the build. Her fate is unknown, but I did find one reference to her having been lost around Lyon later in the war. There also seems to be lots of references on the web to another Spitfire with the same registration, serving with a polish Squadron and it crashing in Kent. The date given was the same as the arrival date of this Spitfire in Casablanca. Was there two Spitfire Mk.IX with the same serial? Or more likely the reference to the 'Polish' one has had the serial recorded wrongly.

Anyway, enough of the history and on with the model.

Kit: Tamiya

Scale: 1:32

Paint: Tamiya

Weathering: Tamiya

Decals: Kit and OH Models

Extras: None, OOB

Build: Photobucket Library

DSC_0175_zps273e77d0.jpg

DSC_0178_zps446c7b0e.jpg

DSC_0176_zps5bcb439c.jpg

DSC_0177_zpsdd28d636.jpg

DSC_0179_zpsa771b09f.jpg

DSC_0180_zps55372b58.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by Mish
  • Like 6

That looks great, I like both the desert scheme and French markings, like Iain I am still plucking up courage to build the one I have in the loft, maybe a few more "practice" kits first !

Cheers

Den

• Like 1

Great scheme and lovely model,........very original!

Like the others I`m still `practicing' prior to sticking my kit together although all of the interior parts are painted and ready,..but those magnets and litthe screws are really worrying me!

Beautiful job,

All the best

Tony O  

• Like 1