1/32 - Boeing B-17F & G Flying Fortress by HK Models - released - new boxing

Homebee

Available 2Q 2013

- ref. 01E04 - Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

HKM01-E04-2.jpg

Source: http://www.pacmodels.com/news.php

18 January 2013

On Saturday, February 9th, we will be at the Petaluma Community Center on

320 North McDowell Blvd in Petaluma, California for the "Hobby Expo". This is well worth visiting as besides the usual fine models on display, there are trains,RC air planes, boats and tanks being demonstrated. If you are going and want to be sure we have what you want,please let us know.

(...)

We may have a test shot of HK Models new 1:32 B-17G kit at these shows! This will be exciting and we will be taking pre-orders!

http://www.pacmodelscatalog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCM&Category_Code=HKMAir132

And in German langage (HK Models .de page???) and not yet available in the homepage English version, the first testshot - not prototype - pics!

Wingspan: 78,79 cm, Fuselage lenght: 98,80 cm...

B-17G Flying Fortress - Erste Testshot Bilder - 11.01.2012

Die ersten Bilder des B-17G Testshots haben uns gestern erreicht, die Auslieferung des B-17G Modells ist für den Sommer diesen Jahres geplant. Die neuen Bilder sind auf der Produktseite des Modells zu sehen.

Don't forget HK Models has a 1/32nd Avro Lancaster and a Gloster Meteor IV in project...

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

I know i want one, i wonder if they'll do a b-29

Considering I have built a Combat Models vac 1/32nd B-17, and an ID Models vac 1/32nd Lancaster, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be doing a 1/32nd B-29!

:wall:

Tom... who is currently battling with a 1/32nd B-29...

Another thought has just struck me...

Looking at the test shots they have built a late-model B-17G with the staggered, single piece waist gun emplacements, and a Cheyenne tail turret.

However, going by the box art they are doing 'Bit O'Lace', which did have the Cheyenne tail but didn't have staggered waist guns - it was an earlier build with the three piece windows and un-staggered waist windows.

I wonder therefore if they are providing us with the option of both staggered and un-staggered waist guns. Either that or someone has made a balls-up!

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

Best picture I could find Boeing B-17G 297976. Sure you have already seen this though? Not looking so staggered but more inline now, I have to say

bitolace-big.jpg

Yes they are most definitely the 'opposite' arrangement. The position of the insignia and the three-piece windows are also a give away, as by the time the later, staggered positions were introduced they had changed to the single-pane windows.

I imagine the kit must provide both options to be honest. Hopefully they will be including an early 'stinger' tail turret too.

Also, from experience be wary when trusting a drawing as they are often incorrect. There are many that are accurate of course, but it's better to use pictures of the real thing when possible!

Tom

I don`t care much if the kit has got some inaccuracies... cause they are giving us a B-17 in 1/32th scale to work on and it looks great... look at the landing gear.... and the exhausts...   :Tasty:

IMHO small inaccuracies in model kits are a big problem for modellers who like the shake and bake kind of kits. I`m not a rivet counter and I don`t build Vacu kits but I do enjoy a bit of work here en there to improve a kit.

I think is great news and I`m definitely going to get one!

• Like 2

Damn the rivit-counting , full speed ahead!

What rivets?

Looking at all those dimples on the test shots all the rivets have been drilled out, a shame really as the B-17 was covered in lots of domed rivets. 

I don`t care much if the kit has got some inaccuracies... cause they are giving us a B-17 in 1/32th scale to work on and it looks great... look at the landing gear.... and the exhausts...   :Tasty:

IMHO small inaccuracies in model kits are a big problem for modellers who like the shake and bake kind of kits. I`m not a rivet counter and I don`t build Vacu kits but I do enjoy a bit of work here en there to improve a kit.

I think is great news and I`m definitely going to get one!

I am in complete agreement with you here - I was just curious as to whether they would provide different options in the kit.

As you say, it'll only take minor work to modify it anyway depending on the waist gun arrangement you're after, but no doubt the shake and bake arm-chair experts will be up in arms if it's wrong! WHAT?! I might have to correct or modify something?! How very dare they?! 

• Like 2

Holy carp!

Not my bag but what a magnificent BEAST. How would you get that past SWMBO?

Do you need planning permission?

If it's a late model does it have the split windscreen as an option?

Trevor

I would love to get one but honestly I don't know whether I'd ever pluck up the courage to build it, what a monumental project that would be, and a lack of build time is my biggest problem anyway. I havn't seen a price yet either, but maybe it would be a nice retirement project, possibly for the duration of my retirement even though that is around 28 years away. I would love to see a new 1/48 version, infact and I've said it before we really need a new set of WWII mediums and heavies, preferably from one of the better model companies. Come on Tamiya!