P-39L Aircobra, 93rd FG, Tunisia 1943

Finished this morning, one of my favourite kits the Eduard Aircobra, this time in the Special Edition MTO Theatre boxing. Painted with Gunze throughout, and weathered with Pastels, Oils and AK and Mig Solutions.

The build thread is available if interested here

Apologies for the slightly uneven photos, but one of my lamps bulbs went part way through, so the white balance was tricky - if it ever stops snowing I may take some more outside.

P-39L-MTO-Finished01_zpsd2adfc9d.jpg

P-39L-MTO-Finished02_zps5dfa8038.jpg

P-39L-MTO-Finished03_zpseea32d00.jpg

P-39L-MTO-Finished04_zps5d460a7b.jpg

P-39L-MTO-Finished05_zps72ef3a31.jpg

P-39L-MTO-Finished06_zps3daa5f19.jpg

P-39L-MTO-Finished07_zps13a4da78.jpg

Peter

• Like 2

Lovely job! I`ve had my eye on the MTO boxing for a while now and want to do this option myself, doesn`t it look nice?

You`ve pulled it off to a tee and your model looks superb, what are you going to do with the other one,.....I`d go for the Italian one myself?

Cheers

Tony O

Thanks for the nice comments, I really need to get my lamps sorted as the photo's aren't too good - to answer the questions

Lovely job! I`ve had my eye on the MTO boxing for a while now and want to do this option myself, doesn`t it look nice?

You`ve pulled it off to a tee and your model looks superb, what are you going to do with the other one,.....I`d go for the Italian one myself?

Cheers

Tony O

The second one will probably be either the French or Italian in very tired Olive drab with lots of chipping - they were old when they got them. Won't be for a while though.

Nice one Peter! I've just recently done the P-39D (New Guinea) in Black from this kit. Are you attending any shows this year? I'll be displaying my P-39 on our club stand.

thanks

Mike

I don't get to shows - there aren't really any near me, and I don't drive.