Lakenheath F-15E - not sure which bird just yet!

Well suffice to say I fluffed the burner can rods... oh woe is me as I just HAD to order the Aries burner can set... whoops! That arrived today so will get some work tomorrow I think. In the meantime I started to cut off some of the kit to allow the Aries pit to fit, and boy does it fit well in dry runs...

Going, going.. (IP coaming)

20130204_182011.jpg

Gone...

20130204_182800.jpg

Nice one mate! I'm surer you didn't mean to cock up the burner cans so you could get the fancy resin ones!!! I liked the look of the kit ones so cant wait to see the Aries ones.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Progress has been slow of late due to the poxy weather being a bit too cold to shoot paint in the mancave... I did manage to get the main fuselage primed and a quick covering of grey done last weekend. The cold weather reduces my Vallejo Model air to sludge within seconds out there! Grrrr.

20130219_181430.jpg

20130302_112430.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a major fluff up with the canopy - it would appear that the support frame inside the glass on my kit isn't actually there(!) and I didnt fancy using Tamiya tape to replicate it. So i "had" to order another Revell kit to get the replacement part. As you do.... Better get cracking with this build!

• Like 1

Cheers fellas...

Dave - the bird is painted in Vallejo Model Air US Grey, and those lighter panels are just the last shots of US Grey with some white mixed in... anything that was a bit paler. Spookily I started applying decals tonight and by sheer FLUKE that's a very similar grey as some of the decals that sit behind the cockpit and the square panel in front of the windshield (doesn't really show too well in the crap mobie photo below). Here's a shot of her glossed up and with some decals on.. some of those stencils are that small I can hardly see them, let alone apply them - time for the magnifying headband set I think! I must be getting old... :banghead:

Still got to apply some paint to the gears, sort the canopy out, and fix some gaps that have appeared where the FAST packs bolt onto the fuselage - they seem to have "slipped" a few mms or so somehow... not great timing for them to do that believe me!!

20130405_174408.jpg

20130406_200601.jpg