Airfix Model World Calendar

captainalbino

With the January copy of Airfix Modelworld came a calendar.  Looking through its obvious that it uses Airfix artwork.  I'd like to get my hands on the Hurricane shown for September 2013, but I cannot identify the kit. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I don't have it - what aircraft is shown?  There are two new versions of the Hurricane to be available from Airfix this year.  One is a Mk.IIB for the Club members, based (I am told) on their recent Mk.IIC.  The other is a new tooling of the Mk.I.  I suspect it will be one of these.

I know the picture that you are talking about, however doubt that it will be used in he new tool 1/72 kit.

From what I've seen, this kit will be issued as an early Mk.1 with Fabric wings. The Calendar artwork features aircraft from 1 Sqd during the BoB campaign. Fabric wing Hurricanes would not have been seen on the frontline during the summer of 1940 (although I may be wrong)..

Cheers Dave.

Isn't this the same Hurricane that was featured in their late 70's/early 80's 1/72nd Hurricane Mk1 (F/O Clowes of 1 Sqn IIRC)?  I won't be able to check as I have the calendar at work.  That was a metal winged aircraft though.

Wez

At least one fabric-wing Hurri was in front line service at that time: the one in the Science Museum in London, L1592, based at Kenley, which was fighting until its forced landing at Croydon in 18 August 1940. It seems unlikely that it was unique.

Fabric wing Hurricanes would not have been seen on the frontline during the summer of 1940 (although I may be wrong)..