Blade Runner Deckard Sedan

Finally got the top wall in place with the screens....I've been playing around with japanese adverts downloaded from Google and shrunk to fit the screens...here's a Sapporo beer one....

P1030351_zps7e856875.jpg

The flash washes out a lot of the effect...here's a shot in natural light...

P1030352_zps141b3002.jpg

Here's the other screen with a girl advertising a herbal drink...

P1030355_zpsce6cfb1a.jpg

And in the dark....note that the images are only printed on paper...I'm going to experiment printing onto drafting film which I believe is what ParaGrafix use for their film inserts...I might also try backing them with EL sheet rather than LED's....

P1030356_zpse1d73545.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This project has impressed more than any other! Truly a work of art and incredible imagination...... Love it is an understatement...!!!

PS.... I have a little bias as I'm a huge fan of Blade Runner :D

• 2 weeks later...

Back to it.....

Finally installed the screens....they are printed on plain paper, the experiments with the translucent paper didn't work, but I've sandwiched them between clear acetate (front) and very thin styrene sheet (behind) and I'm pleased with the results....

P1030387_zps4e06580e.jpg

P1030389_zps762a1dd7.jpg

Just need to finish off the piles of garbage and run the wire feeds for the car through the base and I'm done...

Absolutely gorgeous.....But much too dry! :tumble:

Really not trying to nit-pick, but I do think it's important.....The single most prevalent environmental feature in the film is the never ending, slightly acidic, rain. :raincloud:

Other than Daryl Hannah it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Bladerunner (possibly my favourite sci-fi film). :wub:

I'm not suggesting that you attempt to model rain flowing off the building, just that you might dampen up the groundwork, soak a couple of the newspapers and maybe add some wet tyre tracks and a puddle in the gutter etc.? :shrug:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

awesome build, great work

• 3 months later...

Been a while since I was on this build as I've had a lot of other stuff going on...

Just been messing around with my camera trying to get some interesting night shots....see what you think....

Deckard makes a call....

P1030766_zps70febfcf.jpg

The lights help highlight the figure....

P1030769_zpsef78c30f.jpg

I think the graininess gives it that misty, acid rain feel...

P1030770_zps5fe0f28b.jpg

The advertising screens are still imperfect but I think it adds to the atmosphere....

P1030771_zps53db1343.jpg

Another atmospheric shot....

P1030773_zps43e507f9.jpg

Deckard drives away leaving the papers blowing across the sidewalk.....

P1030777_zps2cadabac.jpg

• Thanks 1