TESTORS JADE GRENADE

krow113

Green looks good some small specks to be cleared over:

IMG_5445_zps7bcd494f.jpg

And the rest of this 'grenade':

IMG_5449_zps2d77ed58.jpg

Going to try for some final assy thyis weekend ,pretty vague as to where the parts actually go, the body just gets plonked on the chassis with no definitive mounting, dontja just love that?

wk - Thanks-

The instructions are woeful to say the least , no real procedure or positive locating points. Final assy is a bit on the foggy side. I can see a path ,prolly do summat tonight.

Here are the "instructions" :

3_zps00d796f1.jpg

Thanks Jorgy!

Sorta like a real custom bike build we begin with the rear wheel and drive chain assy. Complete lack of any kind of locating device or hole or ,well ,anything makes for some fun. I drilled the frame for an axle ,here I use ordinary household pins for the axle. Two of them cut off to use the heads which have a flat washer. Sloppy fit all around allows a large degree of adjustment , thick cyano in the wheels axle hole, some white glue on the sprocket/chain to keep it in place, and push it all together trying not to distort the frame , which is of the soft metal . Pinning the rear wheel allowed me to 'mount' it in the foam ,this facilitated the lineup of the parts. Some fidddling while I eyeballed the frame/wheel matrix. Touchups and detail painting will be left to last ,as I can see adjustments will be ongoing.

IMG_5496_zps04023e24.jpg

IMG_5502_zps893ed14e.jpg

IMG_5492_zpsc5d60c22.jpg

I'm also gonna blow on the final clear coats on the body parts today, as they have had a week-10 days to dry.

Edited by krow113

• 2 weeks later...

Smallish update. I took dimensions and stared at the parts to come up with a final assy solution. One thing to be concerned with is the clear resin part provided for the headlight lens. Does not fit and is too shallow . I mounted 3 M.V. lenses ( 2 smalls and a large) in the oval shaped headlight cavity. Micro Kristal Klear will fill in for the lens,here we see the first application to build the lens up.

IMG_5524_zps26293bb3.jpg

I also cut 3 windshields ,with care 4 can be cut from the piece provided in the kit.These were heated with a heat gun and formed over a wooden spoon handle.

IMG_5527_zps44350c8b.jpg

It took 4 hours to cut out,sand and polish the edges of these.

Drying off nicely in a warm room:

IMG_5528_zps0c652161.jpg

Edited by krow113

Thanks Wayne. The same procedure was used to finish off a tach for the model using the amarket shown:

IMG_5531_zpscf0b99b6.jpg

IMG_5533_zpsefa4e800.jpg

The model needs to be finished for a show on Saturday this week . Stay tuned for updates today and during the week.

Thanks Dave.

A pattern for the seat was hand generated and scanned into Corel, traced and copied to SignLab, then cut out on my vinyl cutter.

I used flat black vinyl for the seat.

IMG_5542_zpsb1ad613c.jpg

While I was at it I cut out some circles from chrome vinyl for a gas cap.

IMG_5541_zps4e5f2d94.jpg

Moving right along , I 'll post more tonight.

Edited by krow113

Last update for today.

A red GOW serves as an easy tailight bulb:

IMG_5544_zpsecd43f74.jpg

The chrome cap breaks up the green flow:

IMG_5547_zpsebeda3ef.jpg

And the first body/chassis interface:

IMG_5550_zpsa6ec9554.jpg

The seat shape requires a minor adjustment prior to attachment.

Bdriver and everyone else looking in , Thank you.

Full modeling skills required for this one, or is that statement becoming redundant...!

Attaching the body to the frame/wheel assy is easy , just drop it on , there are no pesky location points to worry about. Flexible cyano was used after long mental bouts tryna figure out the best way to go about the final assy. A simple jig of popsicle sticks served to help gain some minimal ground clearance , and to help align the um , er , the , ahhh , sponsons?

IMG_5557_zps46869629.jpg

IMG_5552_zps316fd4b0.jpg

These I chose to leave in their polished metal finish , in an attempt to 'lighten' the looks of the boatacious bodywork. Again these are simply butted up against their mated parts.

Ya Dave ,like its poured on!

Did assemble the power train as well:

IMG_5566_zps4bada341.jpg

Forward progression continues with the upper fork assy installed, I used some springs I came across somewhere,you wont see all of them, but a little between the lower tree and the fender adds a small detail:

IMG_5571_zps0f214276.jpg

I also cut some exhaust tips from stainless tubing,a tube was added to the frame assy to carry the foot pegs as well.

IMG_5572_zpsb7f57f15.jpg

Edited by krow113

Chris , Thank you.

Continued accelerated progression stops dead with todays mounting of the power train into the chassis. The chassis assy is quite strong , having various thickness' of cyano leaked and capilliaried(?) into every available orifice:

IMG_5588_zps1d43c403.jpg

IMG_5579_zps82d872c5.jpg

Sunny out side today as well , so I walked it out for a quick pic.

IMG_5589_zps714a33fd.jpg

I'm quite busy today , the power train can set for as long as I can , then lotsa little bits to attach.

Mark :Thanks and to all others lookin' in!

I will try to get some more done tonight:

IMG_5581_zps61106aeb.jpg

Mark you can pm me if ya want , I will have extras of the vinyl cut part of the build , gas cap , wheel masks ,chrome underbelly pan ,etc adds a little more detail to the model.

Blue Huh! Call it "The Blue Meanie"!

Battlin' on with this , I managed to bodge the front fork and wheel on , simultaneous alignment occurred between the fork legs , the wheel , and the fender. The forks are a little off, the fairing will cover the mis-alignment. The wheel and fender are in line.

IMG_5594_zpse5c4a898.jpg

IMG_5599_zpsc01ecbe5.jpg

I also drilled the base , in this case a mirrored , battery powered rotator ! Somehow fitting.

Edited by krow113