1:72 Emhar McDonnell F3H Demon

This is the last of the 2012 completions. I had already built the Emhar FJ-4, so figured this would make a good follow up. The kit went together pretty well with a minimum of filler. 

The markings are from VF-151, based on the USS Coral Sea. They were to be found on Xtradecal 72027. Not sure why, but Hannants no longer lists that sheet as being available. They could have sold through the sheet I suppose, but it is rare to see one of the things actually built. 

I was pretty pleased with how this one turned out, which I'll admit has not always been the case this winter. Maybe that bodes well for the future. 

This is completed model #419 (#44 for the year and the final completion in 2012), finished in the closing hours on New Years Eve. Really. 

DSC_0780_zps5f4c6fa7.jpg

DSC_0781_zpsc4cd0675.jpg
  • Like 3

Very nice build Kevin !

Oh, what memories do you bring back to my mind!! I had build this fantastic aircraft back in 1993, buying almost every detail set Airwaves had produced then. 

Right now, I have disassemble it and trying to make all the wiring in the landing gear bays!!! A real nightmare for the 1/72 BELIEVE ME !!!!

Looking forward for your next build Kevin.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Sernak

Thanks one and all. It was a good way to wind up 2012. Sounds like we've got some others in process as well, so hopefully the hills will be alive with Demons before too much longer. 

I had to hark back to this build since I had a disaster with one of the first builds of 2013. Ever apply some AeroSet to a stubborn decal (nose art of course, and therefore not replaceable without buying another sheet) and then inadvertently put your finger on said decal as you are placing the model in a safe place where it can cure and dry.....  :boom:   :wall: and for the more scatologically inclined... :shit:  :shit:  :shit: !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...