1/48 Tamiya M26, T26E3 Pershing +++ Weathering +++

Here, as promised, is my contribution to the GB - the T26E3 Pershing (Tamiya, 1/48). It's a lovely looking kit and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be building "Fireball", which was knocked out by a Tiger 1 in February 1945 only to be repaired and re-fielded later.

This'll be pretty much OOB with a little etch for the brush guards etc. and possibly some stowage.

Here are the obligatory prep photos:

P1100026800x598_zps2623caaa.jpg

P1100027800x477_zpsf06a8070.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Edited by It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Thanks guys.  Time for an update.  Started the kit yesterday and it has just flown together.  The fit is precise, the engineering is fantastic and there aren't really all that many parts.  Even the road wheels went together quickly and with little fuss,  the sprue attachment points are nice and thin and easy to deal with.

P1120003800x435_zps423d7a34.jpgP1120004514x326_zps706ee773.jpg

The second picture shows the only change I've had to make so far - the holes for the interphone have been filled in.

A little bit more work this morning saw the hull finished apart from the little fiddly breakable bits

P1120002757x419_zpscebabf5e.jpg

P1120001508x686_zpsd8c02b31.jpg

so now it's time to give the whole lot a black undercoat ready for the green and then on to adding the road wheels and tracks.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks guys. Deacon - go on, take the plunge! I can highly recommend these Tamiya 1/48 kits as being eminently buildable, well detailed for the scale and small enough to fit a good selection on the shelf but big enough to make an impression on the viewer.

Meanwhile just a small update to report. The main construction is now complete and all the bits have been undercoated black.

P1170002800x515_zpsa285cf54.jpg

Time for the olive drab methinks.

Cheers

Andy

Interesting that you've undercoated in black and not grey.

I always find black a better primer as it helps create shadows in the recesses where the paint may not reach.

Looking forward to the OD going on mate.

Interesting that you've undercoated in black and not grey.

I always find black a better primer as it helps create shadows in the recesses where the paint may not reach.

think I will do that with my Demag... lots of nooks & crannies to have shadow.....

Thanks Andy - yes it's as imposing as a Tiger, if not as iconic. It certainly must have been a welcome sight to crews who had to go up against Tigers and Panthers in Shermans.

Work has continued. The superstructure has been subjected to a Olive Drab + Xtracolor Faded Olive Drab mix in the center of the panels.

P12100022577x404_zps75277e0d.jpg

Then a pin wash

P1220003632x388_zpsabe49d5f.jpg

and finally a good, old fashioned dry brush of Faded Olive Drab

P1220004679x414_zpse0fa8383.jpg

sorry about the photos, I'll see if I can borrow a better camera for the final pics.

Cheers

Andy

Just a quick update on latest developments. Decals, such as they are, are now on as well as the spare track links and the tow cable.

Weathering has started with the oil paint dot'n'drag method streaking the vertical and inclined surfaces. Next up will be pastels applied wet to simulate thin dried mud.

P1260001698x315.jpg

It's also time to dig out and paint some stowage.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...