Dragon Sd.Kfz. 171 Panther G

Hi all,

What s in the overloaded Box..... 

a lot of some very nice moulded platic parts .. will build up this Panther OOB exept some metal Tracks !!

001_zps8692b360.jpg

005_zpsa66c8e15.jpg

004_zps38c45321.jpg

003_zpsf6faf3d0.jpg

002_zps15c8b70d.jpg

Happy modelling

Peter

if you have one, whats your technique for the interleaved wheels & tracks. I am thinking for my link/length

1) build the "thinner" wheels together, blutack the "thick" wheels

2) place all wheels on axels (dont fix)

3) build tracks in-situ over wheels (will Revel glue be flexible enough to allow me to take them on/off?) leaving an upper & lower half (do I need to to allow them on off)

4) paint all wheels and tracks OFF the body and paint sides too (the sides are separate from the chassis so thinking to paint & build both BEFORE attaching to the chassis)

5) attach road wheels to sides

6) attach tracks & drive wheels

7) mount both sides on to the hull

any comments???

if you have one, whats your technique for the interleaved wheels & tracks. I am thinking for my link/length

1) build the "thinner" wheels together, blutack the "thick" wheels

2) place all wheels on axels (dont fix)

3) build tracks in-situ over wheels (will Revel glue be flexible enough to allow me to take them on/off?) leaving an upper & lower half (do I need to to allow them on off)

4) paint all wheels and tracks OFF the body and paint sides too (the sides are separate from the chassis so thinking to paint & build both BEFORE attaching to the chassis)

5) attach road wheels to sides

6) attach tracks & drive wheels

7) mount both sides on to the hull

any comments???

Hi Rob,

sorry for the late answer,having some busy days !!

if i building up a Tank i start with the lower hull, the wheels (construction, painting, weathering and fixing the weels etc)

Tracks003_zps271655a7.jpg

the next step will be the build up of the Tracks, following the painting ,and weathering of them, if te track is to long or to short ï ad or eliminate

some track links !!

Tracks004_zpsd48f954d.jpg

after the fixing of the Tracks i started with the the buil up of the upper Hull !!

Tracks002_zps90cc82c2.jpg

Kind regards

Peter

I was a bit confused the..."Those aren't Panther wheels!", then I realised it was an example.

The Panther is my favourite WW2 tank so I'm really looking forward to this build. :yahoo:

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

some update of my build....

used the Vallejo Surface Primer Dark Yellow to make a regular surface on the Kit, followed by a preshading...

Step2003_zps10f64245.jpg

Step2002_zpsfef45725.jpg

and managed to paint the Wheels

Step2001_zps80835025.jpg

Kind regards

Peter