Airfix 1/48 Westland Lynx AH7

Firstly  :newb:  

This is my first post post and therefore build on Britmodeller. Its a forum I've been following for a while, but personally only feel now I've reached a level of modelling to sign up.

That build being this Airfix Lynx AH7, finished as XZ196, that I saw at RAF Northolt last year.

Kit; Airfix 1/48 Westland Lynx AH7

Paints Used; Tamiya Acrylics

Extras; Xtradecal RAF letters and numbers

8364279525_4be1ac2410_c.jpg

8365348594_a00601e1f6_c.jpg

8365347974_bf6fab3d19_c.jpg

8364278313_c6fa4f3b0f_c.jpg

Looking forward to sharing more builds in the future and getting involved with a few group builds along the way 

Look forward to hearing your comments,

Nick
  • Like 1

Absolute minter! 

i must say ,when i opened the box ,the number of parts put me off ,but once i started building the kit,it flew together!! (no pun intended)

really enjoyed building this and was really impressed by how it turned out .

your model looks every inch the professionally finished kit ,and after seeing yours with the doors open ,i wish i had finished mine like that

for a first post that is a blinder mate :goodjob:

Firstly, thanks for the comments everyone its much aprreciated :thumbsup:

Can I ask what Tamiya colours did you use for the main airframe (I have on of these approaching the top of my stash)?

Hi Simon, the green was "Olive Green", XF-58, with the light grey being "Sky Grey", XF19. Also the rotor colour is "Dark Green", XF51

Well done and post some pics of your earlier builds.

Bunnylurve, i'll make a topic of all my builds since I got my airbrush a year ago.

Nick

Welcome to the forum Nick, and what a quality effort you have produced - very well done :thumbsup: .

I am currently nearing the end of the HMa8 version, and I have to say that Airfix have come a long way in recent years. A minor observation, as the Lynx has a rigid rotor head, the blades dont droop down, but you have produced a blinding example and can feel very proud of your work...well done.

Thanks very much everyone. Ajaycad thanks for pointing that out something I wasn't aware of, must make an excuse though as the front rotor in the pictures does have an extreme droop angle as I dislodged it mid pictures  :owww: and so it was held very tentatively on the last remaining super glue.