Masks are off... that was the limit of what I could do this weekend with a house full of kids. But at least she got a feel for the cabinet - which is now much brighter as a result!

CIMG0087_zps26c39393.jpg

There's a little bit of cleaning up to do on the side window bulges. I didn't notice the teeny tiny print on the mask set instructions that said 'use liquid mask' on these and although I bolstered the Eduard sections with Tamiya tape a little bit of paint has come through. I'm hoping that by using Klear beforehand I can get it cleaned up a little easier. I'm thinking cotton bud, more Klear and a lot of sweating!

Looking great mate, the conversion work looks seamless in that last shot and really nice finish on that yellow - whose brand are you using?

Oh and a fine pair of Fokkers you have there as well ;)

Cheers Stu

Thanks Stu!It's not quite seamless up close but for a first go with that sort of set I'm pleased.

The paint is Halfords Fiat Broom Yellow as recommended by Wooksta - I'm delighted with the final shade that it came out with and it's good and glossy ready for the decals. Just hope that the few little bits of bleed on the canopy come off OK...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got to take a four week break from the build thanks to work, but will be watching on with interest and getting very eager to finish off ASAP!

Have fun, see you at the end of next month...

• 1 month later...