Revell F-15E - 1/144th Scale +++ Completed +++

Hi All,

Initial photos still in my camera but I've started on my Revell F-15E at about 5 past midnight on Saturday morning (Must've been keen :))

Started on the cockpit but have managed to lose the forward control panel already!! Don't know whether to ignore it as it does sit quite a long way under the coaming or to scratch build another........

Edited by Bonhoff

• 2 weeks later...

Obligatory box shot...

8423938470_e3e6ab168f.jpg

Started the cockpit - Some decals for the instrument panels would have helped here....

8422846271_a587d27d32.jpg

And note the missing front panel....As I said before - Do I make a new one or ignore??

And the answer was - scratch build another as it's quite a long way under the coaming and any imperfections will not be noticed.

8423938132_5ce6cf3198.jpg

And before you know it - You're here with the build - Fit was exemplary....

8422846975_3319a38ddd.jpg

As least - Until I didn't glue the nose on quite square.....

8423939570_5eb2f00a04.jpg

Very nice bonhoff, an F-15E brother! :) had I seen this post earlier I could of sent you my left over IPs for the front... Sorry!!!

Liking what I see tho. This model does literally build itself tho doesn't it? :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Nice work so far, have the same kit, check the bottom right corner on your decal sheet, there are two small decals for the front and rear instruments panels

As the philosopher Homer once said

"Doh!"

(edited) - Liking what I see tho. This model does literally build itself tho doesn't it? :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Although it would have helped if I hadn't used CA to glue the nose on :( - It's cetainly a cracking fit compared with the old Revell/Crown kits of 20+ years ago

• Like 1

Thanks - Decided to spray the airframe before I added all the pylons to make sure there weren't any areas missed - I'll add the dangly bits then another pass with the airbrush.

It would appear that Revell realised their mistake and added IP's.

Did anyone else notice the instructions exhorting you to paint the main airframe in "Karminrot"?

Yeah I've noticed that, however it's only the right hand side of the radome... Weird. I've also got an updated set of decals with the IPs on them. Underwhelmed is the term I think. However they have answered a question I've been pondering about the "No Push/No Walk" stencils. I was right, you can't bloody see/read them!

kind Regards

Dazz

• 1 month later...

3 lunchtimes at work and the decals were sorted....

8607912076_121f384b67.jpg

Tailplanes are on now but the only photo is a bit too dark.

On schedule to finish before deadline?

Not really any problems with the decals but I had to trim the side markings around the pylons on the CFT's.

Bit of microset/sol helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be ready by end of play tomorrow....

Here's where we were the other night - Bouyed by the results of the panel line wash on my other Eagle I decided to do the same on this one - Sludge wash comprising washing up liquid, water and in this case, Vallejo German Grey. I thought black would be a little too stark.

8650559890_9c2b901370.jpg

Just have the canopy and one wing pylon to sort now.

• Like 1

My advice with the sludge wash is "Stirred, Not Shaken" then it doesn't froth up too much.

You'll probably need a couple of passes to do all the lines though.