HONDA NR 750

D1fuN0

Doesn't look pinkish on my screen, more red with a tone of orange, which I suppose is more like you want it? Difficult colour on screens though.

I think you're actually right Jorgen.

The paint colour is actually Tamiya Bright Orange, which is almost flourescent, but that is just waaaaaaay to bright. I think the balance is just actually right, and once all together its going to look yummmmmmmmmy :analintruder:

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy guys, been a while... :analintruder:

Unfortunately, I'm gonna withdraw the NR from the GB. This is a fantastic kit, but a catalogue of bugger ups on the body work has just forced be to box it and put it away before it become an object d art stuck to my wall. The second round of painting went well until the varnish went on, and then it turned into a tangerine. stripped and painted again, all worked out well, but the CF decals for the tank, much to my consument amusement, disintergrated before my very eyes... :bounce:

so rather than :deadhorse:, lets :bye: bye bye to this, and start again on something new...

Ill be back...

NO, see it through, you've got enought half started kits (you've told me on more than one occasion) to add another to the pile! A bit of rubbing down and some polish will sort the body/fairing parts the rest you have under control.

Just get on with it, besides it going to take you longer with a new kit to get to the same stage.

Colin

Too bad to hear, but sometimes things nedd to be put aside when it's just f***ing up. But rather than box it up for an unknown time, why not just leave it aside a day or two and then come back and fix the problem. We all work differently of course, but for me a day or two usually makes me see the problem with very different eyes.

Hey chaps, yeah, colin and jorgen, you are probably right.

After the three paint failures, i kinda just didnt want to do anything except put it into the wall :analintruder:

Ill put it aside a couple of days and come back to it at the weekend. Colin is right of course, have too many half built kits to add to that pile.

Ok, you convinced me...

Maybe a change in colour is in order

Thanks chaps

Steve

Good to hear you're not givning up on it. In a few days time it's no longer ending up in the wall but rather get it's problem fixed. I'm sure you'll sort out a finish that will suit the bike wether you make a new one or repair the current.

Good to hear you're not givning up on it. In a few days time it's no longer ending up in the wall but rather get it's problem fixed. I'm sure you'll sort out a finish that will suit the bike wether you make a new one or repair the current.

Yup, you guys were both right. even just to sit back, have a smoke and take a deep breath works.

I like the shiny black idea, but the decals are black, so maybe a rethink there. Pearl yellow, mhhhhh.

Did have a fleeting moment of madness the other day, and considered doing the road version of the red white and blue racing predecesor.

For some reasons, the eggheads at Honda only thought it necessary that tha NR needed to come in one colour, florescent red!

Ill give it some thought

Brown isn't a bad undercoat for Red too.

Tones the "InYourFaceNess" down quite nicely.

For some reasons, the eggheads at Honda only thought it necessary that tha NR needed to come in one colour, florescent red!

I think that may have been more by default...

In that they made so few of them, they only needed ONE tin of paint. :D

Brown isn't a bad undercoat for Red too.

Tones the "InYourFaceNess" down quite nicely.

I think that may have been more by default...

In that they made so few of them, they only needed ONE tin of paint. :D

Hahaaa pte1643...

Ive been lurking around on intergoogle and havent found one alternate colour for the NR, but im sure there must have been a couple of chaps that resprayed them.

I did however, come across a rather natty colour scheme on another Honda that Im going to see if it will work :analintruder:

Steve

Hellooooooooo chaps...

I havent updated this in a while, so heres where the building is upto at the moment.

SAM_0280.jpg

SAM_0279.jpg

SAM_0281.jpg

The guts of the bike is basically finished, what isnt shown here is the front forks that have just been finished and are busy drying.

Very nice detail on the kit and very nicely engineered.

The bodywork....

Well, wasnt long ago that the whole bike almost ended up against the wall, because Ive had a catalogue of f ups trying to get the bodywork right. You wont actually believe me if I tell you how many times the body has been stripped and re done. So, the bright orange idea has been scrapped, the bodywork was taken back to its raw plastic, and the new bodywork has been set upon in earnest.

The problems with body colour was probably due to a number of factors, the last time, actually i thought i had it down, but the clear varnish went like crazy paving and almost got me on the bottle again... :analintruder:

The new colour scheme is a bit more complicated, but simple in application, so thats going to be ready in the next few days and more pics will follow...

thanks

steve

Looking good!

I realised something thing that's a bit different/odd about bike modelling: they all have loads of detail on the inside which mostly gets covered up. Normally you have to choose to add that, whereas with bikes it's a standard part of the kit.

Makes for great WIP pictures though :)

Will

Wahey....there he is!!

Looking good mate, looking good! So you can't tease us like this.....WHAT COLOUR!!!!!!

Myself, I would have gone for the 'Rothmans' colour scheme, always looked good on 'any' Honda.

Did you do the plug caps & HT leads yerself or were they part of the kit?

ATB mate........

Wahey....there he is!!

Looking good mate, looking good! So you can't tease us like this.....WHAT COLOUR!!!!!!

Myself, I would have gone for the 'Rothmans' colour scheme, always looked good on 'any' Honda.

Did you do the plug caps & HT leads yerself or were they part of the kit?

ATB mate........

Ahhhh, you missed me.... :thumbsup:

Rothmans, mhhhhhhhh. Close, but no cigar, sooooo close actually :analintruder:

Theres another colour scheme that looks good on any Honda too.

Nah, the HT's and leads come in the kit, just painted up in diff colours.

Steve

Sorry - late to the party - but would love to see some pix of the Kat! :)

Iain

Hey Iain

In the Motorcycle Groupbuild gallery... :analintruder:

Tease...........! Lol

To be exact...

The 1979 NS500 British Grand Prix HRC colours...