HobbyBoss 1/48 Me262 A1a/U5

After grumping about for a bit, the meaphorical clouds lifted & I had a go at the mottling. It's not 100% what I had in mind, but it is growing on me. I fixed up my port wing splat, but due to a clogged nozzle there are a couple of splatters in the mottling on the other side (so I'll keep them hidden for now :wicked: ). That'll need to be tidied up before the gloss coat, but that's no biggie.

DSCF2677_zpscbb9f7e9.jpg

Chris

Cheers guys. Dave, I think I'm happy with the camo, it comes down to about where I want it to be. It's a mix of interpreting of the box art & the painting instructions, and taking 'inspiration' from a couple of other completed builds of this kit that I found online. Anyway, it's too late to change it now, as the gloss coat for decalling is on, and the stickers are getting put on :lol:

DSCF2687_zps243de41c.jpg

Unfortunately the white is out of register on the decals. Most of the decals are simple single colour ones, but the hakenkreuz will probably have to be scavenged from another kit, if I can find some. The yellow triangular fuel indicators have a white border on one side only, so before I put them on I'll try to trim that off. No white border will look better than one white side. It's a shame because the decals are really nice, thin but not too fragile, and with a minimum of carrier film.

Chris

Loving this build, also nice to see that I'm not the only one who makes those annoying little cock-ups ;). Makes me wanna build my Trumpeter 1/144. Keep the fantastic work coming! :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Cheers guys. Dazz, if I listed all the little cock-ups I made on this build, the thread would be about 3 x longer!

Rest of the stickers on, an oil wash and the gloss knocked back with a flat coat - it was supposed to be a bit more satin, but I'm OK with it being a bit flat. A bit of grey was added to the flat coat mix to fade everything together

I love taking the cockpit masks off, I feel like I'm near the finish line - as long as it all worked without any over-spray or paint creep!

DSCF2710_zpsc4e1c651.jpg

Breakables and a bit of paint chipping next

Chris

• Like 1

Gee it really is looking nice now, well done. :thumbsup:

I was hoping to have a "clean" finish like that before the matt coat disaster but oh well.

Look forward to seeing the final photos.

Cheers guys. Dazz, if I listed all the little cock-ups I made on this build, the thread would be about 3 x longer!

I know that feeling well!

Still the finished article is amazing! :goodjob:

Kind Regards,

Dazz