Help Needed -Suggestions For Repair : USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A

This model was among my completed models. Unfortunately for reasons beyond me it would appear that the glue holding the warp nacelles to the secondary hull has failed and they have come away from the hull.

Can anyone suggest a way to hold them secure whilst the glue holds them secure to the secondary hull ?

At the moment I am not having any luck getting them to stay in position.....

Hope you can help...

ncc-1701-a_zps8b846cf9.jpg

try some brass rod. I incorporated some in my own build years ago. The nacelles were fine until my mom tried cleaning it... nothing can withstand cleaning moms :(

Try different glue from the usual brand you use.

When you glue the parts, hold them and put them together, but keep holding them together for as long as you can.

Use masking tape to tape them in place and leave them alone for overnight.

If needed, use modelling filler to fill any gaps around the edges, not only to cover up gaps but hopefully to act as a welding the joints.

Hope it helps?

I remember the joints on that kit are massively unsubstantial to hold the nacelles effectively. Try using brass rod as a bracer tp hold them in position structurally. Then use araldite to glue it. Sand both sides of the joint down and apply the glue to both sides, then wait until it is tacky a d press them together. Hold for 5 mins, the. Support in position for 24 hours. Trust me, they aint goin' anywhere :D

• 3 weeks later...

i have the very same problem with my original series enterprise, i suppose I need to go the brass rod way with loads of araldite, you had a try yet?

No I haven't had a try yet, I've been busy with other builds (Type 45 destroyer, Vulcan and my red arrows hawk that I'm going to start playing with today). I'm going to take the model up to my dad's house at some point as he has a massive workshop which will probably mean he can come up with some kind of suggestion.

If he comes up with anything, I will post pictures in this thread to show how its been done....

Many thanks.

Well i have it sorted.

My dad had a very strong industrial glue which he used and literally one of the pylons was glued in place again within 20 seconds of it being applied. The other side took a bit longer but both are secure and without any use of brass rod etc.

This is the website that you can buy the stuff from : http://www.hafixs.co.uk/products/profglue/index.html

That is actually the glue on the picture as well.

Hope it helps.

Rick