1/48 - Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star family by Hobby Boss - F-80A, RF-80A & F-80C released

Homebee

Hello Homebee!!

I have senn this, plus other reviews and i suppose the old Monogram Model is more accurate! I have posted these kind of links to Hobby Boss, so i think is up to them now! As for my box art, i used original images and data so i think i did my work in a best way as possible! As i mentioned a few months ago, i only take part in the designing of the box art, not the contents of the kits!! :banghead:

take care!!

Ooo...was really looking forward to this release, but the sprue shots give me pause. Admittedly, I haven't looked out any refs yet but straight off the bat the intakes are a bit um, understated, and the horizontal stabs seem a bit off -too broad at the base? Well, this being HobbyBoss, no doubt there will be much debate in store!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Aw hell...I really would love to do an RF-80 and in that scheme...so what's the verdict?

Well depends... You could also get Monograms Shooting Star and Lonestar LSM 40456 RF-80C Camera nose for Monogram. But you would still need the decals. Or try crosskitting? I would like one too but already have two P-80s waiting for recribing...

Rene

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...