1/48 Heinkel He 111 H22 Update 25-03-2013

• 3 weeks later...

Finaly some more pictures of the progress. It is not much, but the PE takes up a lot of time.

Here is a picture of the tail that I braced. If you put the fuselage halfs on a flat surface you will notice that the tail is standing proud of the surface.

There is a slight warp in it. I have got a couple of 111's from Revell/Monogram and they all have the same fault. You could try to bend it with some help from a hairdryer, but this is much safer.

IMG_4033_zps43ea0f59.jpg

The rest of the foto's are the parts that were placed this morning inside the left fuselage. They are the radios.

IMG_4034_zps29839f99.jpg

IMG_4035_zpseefdea33.jpg

IMG_4036_zps1e75935b.jpg

That is how far I got today.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Here are three pictures of the interior before I start to paint it this weekend. The blobs of resin are the boxes for the amunition and for the emty cartridges. The white plate is a armored plate. Thanxs to Steven for the picture he provided me. I have done my best to detail it a little. The only trouble will be that there will be almost nothing to see of it when the two fuselage halfs will be closed.

IMG_4040_zpsb00907d0.jpg
IMG_4039_zpsfc5166c5.jpg

And the MG's for the side windows with the other pieces.
IMG_4042_zpsda122e69.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Excellent! I am working on a He 111 H20 for para transport based on the Revell H-22 and fiddle around with the interiour. As want to do it as a cut-away I have to build the whole interior from scratch - I must say I really enjoy it to figure out how things went together inside the He 111 with the limited reference I have (I supose the inside reference for the H-22 is close to none).

Thanks for the tip with the tail and very nice work!

Oh - one thing: I read somewhere that the side windows in the cabin were overpainted, so the crew could not see the highly classified V-2. I do not know if this is true (especially as the picture shown here does not look like that in my eyes) but maybe you like to check this.

very nice work Arnie - I know my eyesight wouldnt cope with work that small (which is why I have moved to 1.35 armour ;-))

Thanxs Rob, My Eyesight isn't that good anymore as well. I have a magnifying glasses to cope with it.

Excellent! I am working on a He 111 H20 for para transport based on the Revell H-22 and fiddle around with the interiour. As want to do it as a cut-away I have to build the whole interior from scratch - I must say I really enjoy it to figure out how things went together inside the He 111 with the limited reference I have (I supose the inside reference for the H-22 is close to none).

Thanks for the tip with the tail and very nice work!

Oh - one thing: I read somewhere that the side windows in the cabin were overpainted, so the crew could not see the highly classified V-2. I do not know if this is true (especially as the picture shown here does not look like that in my eyes) but maybe you like to check this.

Thanxs Caerbannog.

In the Aerodetail for the He 111 there are loads of pictures of the H20 that stands in the RAF museum in Hendon (London). Also from the cabin.

I hope that that story about the crew isn't true. If you think about it it would almost be imposibble to work with it if you don't know what you are releasing of you plane.

Cheers,

Here are some pictures after painting the inside RLM02. The instructions says that you should paint it dark grey (RLM66), but after seeing some pictures from the inside I think it was RLM02.

2 pictures after painting.

IMG_4045_zpsacc7a65b.jpg

IMG_4046_zps9b2a1567.jpg

And 2 pictures after painting the radios and drybrushing the interior with some RLM02. The drybrush looks a little bit overdone, but that comes because of the flash photography.In real it is a little more subtle.

IMG_4047_zps1e60c7e2.jpg

IMG_4048_zpsdf9d80be.jpg

There are still some things to do before the fuselage can be closed. There still needs to be done some detail painting and a wash.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys a small update. The interior is now ready and the fuselage is closed.

Then you see why it is absolutely useless to put so much time in this area.

here are some pictures of the interior before the closing.

IMG_4049_zpsf4bf28a1.jpg

IMG_4050_zps6a2cfcab.jpg

IMG_4051_zpsb82c6e62.jpg

And here is a picture of the modified tailwheel assembly. I modified it so I can leave the tail wheel of to be painted seperate later on in the build. I made two holes in both sides of the tail fork where later the wheel can be attached with a small piece of metal wire/tube.

IMG_4052_zps57e1d9da.jpg

Here is a picture of the model with the testfit of the wings.

IMG_4055_zpsffa929ee.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of the work I have done on the engines. The PE parts are a great improvement over the kit. I hope they look as great now as when they are painted.

The coolers witch are a two part piece.

IMG_4059_zpsa01e72bc.jpg

IMG_4060_zps70a10374.jpg

IMG_4064_zps549738d8.jpg

IMG_4066_zpsf42df421.jpg

IMG_4061_zpsb3790d17.jpg

The oilcooler

IMG_4061_zpsb3790d17.jpg

IMG_4062_zpse11a814e.jpg

The air inlet.

IMG_4063_zps99c26bad.jpg

And here are some pictures of the wheelbays. I have sawn of the doors so I can later install them in the build, without nocking them of reguraly. I alsi filled up a small gap in the front of the wheelbay with a small piece of plastic.

IMG_4056_zpsafeea402.jpg

IMG_4058_zps02747f42.jpg

The wings and tail planes are put together and just needs some cleaning up before they can go onto the fuselage.

Cheers,

Hi guys,

Again some pictures of the engines. These are mainly of building some new exhausts. The late versions of the Heinkel He 111 H hade all different type of exhausts. The one I am building is the one with a flame damper on it. I used some exhausts from a He 111 H4/6, that I want to build into a earlier version (with the exhausts in this kit, witch are perfect for that). They are still not finished, but the main shape is there. It all hase to dry compleatly before I can finish them. After that I am planning to cast them in resin, what will be my first time (fingers crossed).

Here are the pictures.

IMG_4075_zpsd13dcb42.jpg

IMG_4074_zps13ff3c71.jpg

IMG_4073_zps4b9b7413.jpg

IMG_4076_zpsd64dd6c7.jpg

Here is a picture of the testfitting of the SBS spinners. On the left the SBS one and on the right the original one. The original one is more for a early He-111. That's why I replaced them. Also the propeller blade is different, but no picture of that. The SBS version is broader.

IMG_4072_zps2cc686d1.jpg

That is how far I have got till now. I hope you guys like it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

And here are some pictures of the finished exhausts. The next thing to do will be casting these in resin (after making a mold).

They are not perfect, but good enough for me.

IMG_4078_zps66364179.jpg

IMG_4077_zps350b9547.jpg

IMG_4080_zpsb7b28f2d.jpg

IMG_4081_zps02a50159.jpg

Cheers :cheers: ,

Edited by Arniec

Man this kind of stuff is inspirational. I hope the casting goes OK sir.

Me too or I Will have to do it all over again.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec