1/48 Heinkel He 111 H22 Update 25-03-2013

Loving this build! Always liked the 111, I just love the shape of the nose of it, with no cockpit/canopy sticking out at the top of the airframe. You're doing excellent work too, lots of detail, can't wait to see it all come together...

J.

• Like 1

Thanxs guys,

I have done some work today on the exhausts. I have poured the rubber for the moulds. Hopefully they are good! :thumbsup2:

Now waiting before they are dry. So fingers crossed.

Cheers,

I have casted the first two sets of exhausts and the first one hade some large airbubles in it, but the second version looked much better. I have also cast a third set, but these are still in the mould. I will look how these have come out this evening. Hopefully I will post some pictures of it tomorrow.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting any pictures. It hase been a hectic week and I hope to do a update next week.

I also think that it is a little early, But I am not gonna make it till the end. But I will keep it updated till the end of the GB.

Cheers,

Hi guys,

here are some pictures of the resin exhausts. They aren't perfect but good enough to use. I still need to make a extra set.

IMG_4096_zps16ed4674.jpg

IMG_4095_zps199806bc.jpg

IMG_4094_zps1f4af7bd.jpg

And here are some pictures of the model sofar. I have placed the wings to the fuselage. The engine nacelles weren't a great fit, but I managed to make something out of it. A round file and some Mr surfacer 500 did the job.

The next thing to do will be to clean up the wing to fuselage seam and if that is ready I can go further with the cockpit, witch needs to be painted and installed. This will take some time I think, because of all the extra's in there.

IMG_4090_zps5b33641f.jpg

IMG_4091_zpsbcecec96.jpg

IMG_4092_zps33bbe3b3.jpg

IMG_4093_zps49028a12.jpg

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Here are three pictures of the interior before I start to paint it this weekend. The blobs of resin are the boxes for the amunition and for the emty cartridges. The white plate is a armored plate. Thanxs to Steven for the picture he provided me. I have done my best to detail it a little. The only trouble will be that there will be almost nothing to see of it when the two fuselage halfs will be closed.

IMG_4039_zpsfc5166c5.jpg

And the MG's for the side windows with the other pieces.

Cheers,

Ey Arnie, aren't those antenna lead-ins somewhat too heavy?

:P

Seriously, good work, mate!

Cheers,

Erik

Ey Arnie, aren't those antenna lead-ins somewhat too heavy?

:P

Seriously, good work, mate!

Cheers,

Erik

Erik,

Maybee. But if you can spot them in the closed up fuselage than you have got eagle eyes. :coolio:

Cheers,

Erik,

Maybee. But if you can spot them in the closed up fuselage than you have got eagle eyes. :coolio:

Cheers,

hehehe, I'm just pulling your leg about those two cables behind the fuselage half in the pic. As if those two cables lead from the antenna wire into the fuselage. :banghead:

I know Erik.

That is no problem, but from some pictures I have seen there were more than just two wires and this was more of a representation of some bundels of cables.

Take a look at the link, than you know what I am talking about. :bangin:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934828-heinkel-he-111-h-question/

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys,

I am nog gonna make it. I have been so bussy with a lot of other things that this one won't be finished on time.

I thank everybody that took a look at the model and I hope to finish this one soon. I will put a thread up in the work in progress section.

Cheers,

It's a shame to here you won't get it done in time, I know the feel with all the other things that have to be done.

Look forward to seeing the rest of the build in the WIP section.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...