1/48 Heinkel He 111 H22 Update 25-03-2013

Hi guys I want to build the pro modeler ( Revell/Monogram) Heinkel He 111 H22 in 1/48.
It hase got a big edition set from Eduard, new VS11 propellers from SBS and some vac form canopies from Squadron. This is a build for a friend of me, who hasen't got the time.
He wants to see it in the competition from Scale Model World this year. So no pressure at all!!!

Foto's will be placed later on.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Here are the foto´s from what is in the box.

the box

IMG_3862.jpg

The sprues

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

Here are the extra´s

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

The decals are from the Kagero book.

Here are the books I use for this build. On the first picture are the books that were with the model from my friend. The second picture are my own. I have also got the first set, but two times a picture is a little bit overstated.

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

This will keep you out of trouble!

Not sure about the box art work......think it would be a bit scary flying at night with V1's wizzing past, not as though they would give way!!

Oh ok, just looked at photo again.......still if dude behind you let one off too quickly! :P

Edited by trickyrich
  • Like 1

Hi Rich,

Well to be ohnest they would fly at night, but even more dangerous!!!

They would fly very low over the north sea towards Engeland and pop up to let the V1 go and get the hell back to Holland before they were picked up by Mosquito Nightfighters. 

So the 111 flying above London (for example) and letting go a V1 would be suicide. If they would get that far at the end of WW2. I also think that they wouldn't fly in formation to let the V1's go but were all on their own. When they were known to the nightfighters they were much hunted.

Cheers

• Like 1

I hope I will do good! I am not a huge fan of PE. Seatbelts OK but when I have to do all sorts of bending I mostly screw it up.

I have got now a PE beder so, maybee I am ok now. Time will tell.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I hope I will do good! I am not a huge fan of PE. Seatbelts OK but when I have to do all sorts of bending I mostly screw it up.

I have got now a PE beder so, maybee I am ok now. Time will tell.

Cheers,

same situation as me... mind i need to fold my PE bender first... erm anyone got a PE bender bender... we can swap tips & "what not to do" type comments

• Like 2

same situation as me... mind i need to fold my PE bender first... erm anyone got a PE bender bender... we can swap tips & "what not to do" type comments

What not to do: PE parts!!! :banghead:  :evil_laugh:

• Like 1

What not to do: PE parts!!! :banghead:  :evil_laugh:

noooooo i need smoeone learning alongside me ;-) have eyed up the "easier" pieces - ie those that are flat and dont need much taking off the original parts.....

• Like 1

Hi Guys nearly there! Just a few hours to go before it starts.

I will not start this till after this weekend. I have got 2 shows to attend.

Cheers,

Thanxs Radleigh,

I have seen this picture before. If I am correctly it was the testbed for the type. The V1 was late put on the right side. I think to prevent the pilot from becoming night blind from the exhaust.

Cheers,

I love the cable hanging out the side, you could almost imagine someone leaning out the side window to light the fuse! :D

Would have been a bit scary at the release moment, wondering if the thing is going to get a clean release and drop straight down or get caugh in the airflow around the aircraft. Seen some crazy test footage of US weapon release trial in the 60's & 70's, drop tanks going over the top of wings etc!!!

Edited by trickyrich
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I Have done a little bit this weekend. I managed to do 3 pieces of PE before I quited it. I was saturday at a small show and wanted to do some more, but I hade forgotten my good tweezers. And after the third part that was fiddely Y stopped before I made a mess out of it.

I hope to do some more work this evening if I am not to tired after a course of Excell. I also will do some pictures then.

Cheers,

Hi Guys finally some pictures. I have done some PE in the cockpit. Bonkers how small those parts are!!!! I don´t know how the pro´s do it but the marts I want to glue are so small they even can´t be picket up with some twezers!!!

There is also a picture of the start of building the V1.

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

Cheers,

Hmmm, I could work with that. There are pieces in the set that are just 2 mm big (or was it small?!?!).

If it was my build I would have used a resin cockpit set to overcome this and do some mixing with the PE.

Cheers,

Hmmm, I could work with that. There are pieces in the set that are just 2 mm big (or was it small?!?!).

If it was my build I would have used a resin cockpit set to overcome this and do some mixing with the PE.

Cheers,

2mm is way too small... i have 3mm tho.... anyway keep at it....

• Like 1