Quickboost ECS Pipes for Trumpeter 1:32 F-18E

ECS Pipes for Trumpeter F-18E
Quickboost 1:32

ECSpipes.jpg

These two sets provide replacement ECS Pipes for the already magnificent Trumpeter 1:32 F-18E Super Hornet. Coming in two flavours, either early or late two pipe assemblies are contained in each package. The kits pipe structures will need to be carefully removed before these items can drop in the resulting holes. Whilst each item has a small resin moulding block this may not even need to be removed to fit although it wouldn’t take too much to saw and/or file it off. The mouldings of each part are very nicely done and very clean with no other sign of flash or imperfections within the grey resin.

ECSearly1.jpg

Ecslate2.jpg

Conclusion

These are an interesting addition for the big Super Hornets and while they are all very well done, with well defined detail, the general modeller may not feel the need for them. But then it you’re an absolute detail freak then these will be a must. I can see the early ones being of more use as they are completely different to the kit items. Recommend

Review samples courtesy of
logo.jpg
distributed in the UK by Hannants Ltd.

Is it just me or does the 'lip' on the right hand side of the lower early version unit appear bent? And, it appears that the backing sheet has  a '1' and '2' (L+R?) for the early, yet both are the same. :shrug:

You're right, dang hadn't noticed that, obviously, I hope it's just the review sample. Yes the corner was damaged as well, but that was my mishandling not the parts.

Looks like it's the same for the Late version pipes as well, should be a L+R for the pipes, but they appear to be the same too. Must just be a review sample, QB usually get it right!

You're not wrong. It'll be a good idea to check these when buying. Seems strange that both sets are wrong, as you say Quickboost are usually pretty good, which probably why I seem to have been rather complacent. Won't make that mistake again.