Goose Bay Vulcan

EErrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm..................i dont get it???

A fine vintage photograph of this great-looking Vulcan ! This one would certainly make terrific subject matter for a Vulcan build.

I notice a 1962 Chevrolet station wagon off to the left and I think XM571 was delivered in 1963, so this visit to Goose Bay must have been early in it's career. I don't see a refueling probe installed, so perhaps it is taken off for a public display, as may be happening here ?

Mike

That is the best diorama that I`ve ever seen in Ready For Inspection, it looks so realistic!!

Cheers

Tony O

Is it the Aeroclub 1/48th scale kit?

• Like 3

A fine vintage photograph of this great-looking Vulcan ! This one would certainly make terrific subject matter for a Vulcan build.

I notice a 1962 Chevrolet station wagon off to the left and I think XM571 was delivered in 1963, so this visit to Goose Bay must have been early in it's career. I don't see a refueling probe installed, so perhaps it is taken off for a public display, as may be happening here ?

Mike

I thought early vulcans just didn't have probes, am I wrong?

Also a very realistic diorama with impressive depth of field in the photo. :)

If I recall, the Vulcan currently at Goose Bay was permanently grounded there due to a mishap. Not sure if its the one in the picture or another airframe.