Italeria 1/35mm Sd.KfZ 10/5 + 50mm PaK38

Hi Rob,

very nice work so far. Kep it up ! Peter

thanks Peter...

just a couple of additions. Completed the brackets on the 2nd side and done the 2 rear number plate brackets.
Just the tools and their brackets, the canvas cover additions and rear light/reflectors to do and she will be done for the body work - then the gun...
IMG_3246_zpsdfec8a7a.jpg
IMG_3247_zps084af7bd.jpg
IMG_3248_zpsfd02b27d.jpg

Started on the tools today - the instructions for the PE wernt 100% clear and the photos on the Eduard site didnt have the axe in... anyway, needs a little more attention but the axe & pick-axe are on... next spade & bolt cutters (may leave one of them out in the back for variety).... oh yes and the last pic is me playing with storage again...

IMG_3250_zpsfea9c395.jpg

IMG_3252_zps92e0e7c6.jpg

IMG_3249_zps806dc0b1.jpg

Thanks all.. last couple of fiddly pe for the chassis then its on to the gun.. some complex bending on that but will try using the kit parts as templates... also gives me the chassis to paint as a distraction.....

in order to rest my eyes I have stopped with the fiddly PE (only have the wing mirrors to do however) and moved on to the gun.... must say it goes together very easily - needs a little filling but the photos show how good it looks on the carriage

IMG_3256_zps6f0dd8f8.jpg

IMG_3257_zpsc13dafd6.jpg

IMG_3259_zps07ac0d78.jpg

That is looking just great. :thumbsup:

thanks for that - managed to get the PE frontal armour on the gun today.... very fiddly - but very nice looking (good thickness of armour vs the plastic in the kit)... think I have 3 boxes, 2 wing mirrors, 2 wheels to sand and then the whole lot moves upstairs to the paint-shop..... exciting stuff

gun done, just wing mirrors left now... still not convinced the AM wheels are right - they are smaller than the kit ones so might not work - going to wait til chassis painted and rear tracks mounted before deciding - will mean more painting at that stage but better than wasting some nice resin. Then can weather all at once for mud/dust etc...

IMG_3261_zps05e2858a.jpg

IMG_3262_zps523d770b.jpg

IMG_3263_zps7d1ca5c9.jpg

IMG_3265_zps85e7c131.jpg

IMG_3266_zps166371d6.jpg

IMG_3267_zps5b86eaff.jpg

Looking very good Rob :clap2:

thanks for that - have enjoyed trying the PE.... need to cover the cab & rear compartment before I start to spoil it with paint... going to try modulation and, more importantly, TAKING IT SLOW.....

I use the Flip-R5

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77_79&products_id=186

probably not as versatile as the one you have but i am getting a good finish. sometimes struggles to grip small pieces - would upgrade but think soldering is the next tool/technique (do have a soldering iron - gas powered) so going to try that on some spare copper sheet to see if I can build a box - if I can then no need to invest in that area....

you've become a PE master!! :worthy::D

It's looking like a real beast, wouldn't want to be on the pointy end! :boom:

I really need to get a PE tool, still using the Mk I version.........fingers and a knife!! Have never thought about soldering, done gazilloins of joins in years gone by, so may have to give it a try.

You're nearly in the home stretch!

Edited by trickyrich

I use the Flip-R5

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77_79&products_id=186

probably not as versatile as the one you have but i am getting a good finish. sometimes struggles to grip small pieces - would upgrade but think soldering is the next tool/technique (do have a soldering iron - gas powered) so going to try that on some spare copper sheet to see if I can build a box - if I can then no need to invest in that area....

I don't know Rob. I haven't seen this one before but I note that it does not need a blade. Seems a step forward and also a lot less expensive. May have to invest. I also have

a butane powered micro soldering torch but have not yet had the bravery to have a go. :unsure:

I don't know Rob. I haven't seen this one before but I note that it does not need a blade. Seems a step forward and also a lot less expensive. May have to invest. I also have

a butane powered micro soldering torch but have not yet had the bravery to have a go. :unsure:

there is a 5cm and 10cm version (mine is the 5cm one... sometimes I use a pencil sharpener blade for small folds (as I said it doesnt always bend small sides well... I use a bulldog clip to grip the edge to the base - works quite well... for larger pieces its VERY simple (must me - I can use it)

yehaaaaaaaaaaaaa build complete (for now)... need to do a little work on some details - going to drape the spare tracks over the rear wheel and considered covering the wheel itself in a tarp, also need to get the tow-cable into a decent shape and tidy up some of the resin stowage... but hopefully that will get done today then its time to decamp to the paint shop.....

grey primer on... must say the Value Gear AM stuff looks very nice - going to spend some time working out how best to paint it. Not sure on my tarp over the wheel - may work once all in place... tow cable abandoned I think - cant get the wire I have to bend nicely... tried annealing it...

nice to see the old dear all one colour (think I should not've painted the inside first - masking it was a 'mare)

photos later perhaps - bit boring all light grey...