Italeria 1/35mm Sd.KfZ 10/5 + 50mm PaK38

thanks for the comments guys....

right, decided I fancied jumping ahead a couple of steps for some variety so thought I would tackle the wheels and tracks (link & length). The axles are attached to side pieces that then attach to the hull so they are easy to work with... wheels went together nicely and then the tracks. My first attempt with link and length and, actually, I dont think it went too badly... packed it up for tonight to give the tracks time to go off (the wheels are only placed so should be able to remove tracks and wheels for painting)
piccies
IMG_3174_zpsef1f929b.jpg
IMG_3175_zps7da0978f.jpg
IMG_3176_zps9293681a.jpg
IMG_3177_zpsf817e865.jpg
IMG_3178_zps1c1830be.jpg
IMG_3179_zpsa98c8510.jpg
IMG_3180_zps9ff003e9.jpg
IMG_3182_zpsdfd64304.jpg
thanks for looking, as always commetns suggestions much appreciated

thank you all for the comments

nice job, is looking good, a PE Pro.

has the carpet monster attacked yet! :D Don't know what it is with carpet an tiny weeny pieces!!!

so far I have lost only 1 very small lever - and there is a spare in the PE set (it says 2x levers but there are 3- wondering if I am missing something)... I am very suprised that I have not lost more...

of course I have not done and major folding aside from the gear lever housing... more of that to come

Looking good Rob, good work on the tracks. At least not too many on the smaller half tracks.

yep - that saved me.... but did both sides in 2 halves to allow the upper to dry off... as this is progressing well I am wandering in to the realm of field mods or damage repair and extra storage to try to personalise this... not going to push too far but have had thoughts.......

some visible progress today. front done (bonnet just placed for now) and "doors" PE'd... unfortunately I lost 1 leather strap and struggled controlling the super-glue... am hoping they will paint and weather OK. Have the drivers side in the down position (so you can see the pedals and interior) and the passenger one up so you can see the marshaling "paddle")

IMG_3183_zps04c964b3.jpg

IMG_3185_zpsd5d936bd.jpg

IMG_3186_zps5c7e7bf5.jpg

IMG_3187_zps6e6c7338.jpg

IMG_3188_zps679ae121.jpg

next up will be the running boards - lots of PE on them too....

This is looking very good sir. :thumbsup:

thank you, been playing with stowage today - think 1 bundle on the LH wheel arch and one on the bench seat in the back... maybe more when the sides are on.

next update... main chassis complete... next stop the rear mudguards (PE) and all the fiddly stuff at the front... have included some stowage (from Value Gear) thoughts I had - not sure but think the wedged by the mudguard works better for this one assuming there is still room when the spade, bolt cutters and wing mirrors are on. Want to include tow-rope, spare tracks and who knows what else (wooden planks or some such perhaps?

IMG_3189_zpsfc0a4968.jpg

IMG_3190_zps74642c31.jpg

IMG_3191_zps8b5fb150.jpg

IMG_3192_zpsd2f654d7.jpg

IMG_3193_zpscad1b65e.jpg

more work today - added the PE saw & holder and the chest lid in the fighting compartment. With that done I made the (bold?) decision that the interior + wheels/tracks needed painting before I do any more (mostly as if i left it I was worried I would knowck off the smaller bits in the front end or rear mud guards...

so black primer went on and grey interior and dunkelgelb for the wheels (should that be a sort of offish green/yellow (no pics - maybe tomorrow for that)

IMG_3194_zps8a88eccc.jpg

IMG_3195_zps549fdaea.jpg

IMG_3196_zpscc4ee36a.jpg

IMG_3199_zps91985072.jpg

IMG_3201_zpsae69dbc9.jpg

IMG_3202_zpse8d02554.jpg

IMG_3204_zps82d2d6e6.jpg

IMG_3205_zps6adea885.jpg

(tracks sort of came apart a little but think thats ok - least I can attach them to the wheels easier....)

heres the wheels so far - thats Vallejo Dunkelgelb (Vallejo 081 "Tank Dark Yellow") - but to me it looks too green (or perhaps thats correct - dont think I have seen anything really painted in thew original - can someone comment before I paint the rest of this kit ;-0)

IMG_3208_zps206cbd5f.jpg

IMG_3209_zps79a8ec33.jpg

IMG_3210_zps210f14c4.jpg

IMG_3211_zpsae3ea7a9.jpg

Hi Rob, looks good mate, nice progress..

Andy.

cheers Andy - still not 100% convinced of the colour but Vallejo say it is correct ;-)

todays list (if I get time after work)

1) gloss on for the interior

2) paint tyres on wheels

Coming along nicely - What i've noticed with the Vallejo Tank Dark yellow is that it's very green unless you shake the living daylights out of it, and then it becomes a lot more yellow. If you find shaking it makes it more yellow, just mist some over the top at an angle and you may get some nice modulation - just a thought.

On my panther i'll be using their new Dunkengelb polyurethane primer as a base, so a two for one deal primer and base colour in one - (I thought it was worth a try)

Coming along nicely - What i've noticed with the Vallejo Tank Dark yellow is that it's very green unless you shake the living daylights out of it, and then it becomes a lot more yellow. If you find shaking it makes it more yellow, just mist some over the top at an angle and you may get some nice modulation - just a thought.

On my panther i'll be using their new Dunkengelb polyurethane primer as a base, so a two for one deal primer and base colour in one - (I thought it was worth a try)

oohhh ok - rats have painted the tyres - oh well weathering (and I will rememeber to shake more for the body) should cover it all up

just one photo today - got the tyres painted (sort of off black but shows up more black on the photo... also getting happier with the dunkelgelb - after all it will get weathered anyway....
IMG_3213_zps776f0777.jpg

cheers Andy.... sealed the cab & fighting area last night, wash applied today.. use water soluble oils but made a startling discovery, they thin 100000% better in white spirit.. now all I hope is that the white spirit doesnt eat the future ;-).... so dark wash to get into the panel lines then seal again ready for detail painting and weathering of the interior

Nice one Rob.

Cheers,

thanks Arnold....

both running gear built..... once tracks finished will add those then weather (if i can get a damn decent weather skill going....)
IMG_3219_zpsd9582b31.jpg

no photo this time... done a wash for the interior and matted it down, going to do some detail painting (the saw for example - it really adds to the cab) and weathering of the interior... the "rust" paint arrived today, as you cant see the bonnet I have give that a blast of rust and will try hairspray on it before adding the armoured bonnet.... tracks also lightly coated rust, will be washed and weathered once attached to the running gear...

hoping for a quiet friday evening/weekend so hope to have quite a bit done on the interior and tracks/wheels.... photos as i go

started body work. Armoured bonnet, grill and windscreen - only placed on as will need to put this all upside down to do the rear body work....

IMG_3233_zps796df49f.jpg

and I think I prefer a bundle over the bonnet rather than down the side of the wheel arch... maybe something else can go there

IMG_3232_zpscd8db725.jpg