Italeria 1/35mm Sd.KfZ 10/5 + 50mm PaK38

ok - this will be my WIP for the 1/35 Italeria DEMAG D7 (Sd.K7Z 10/5) mounting a 50mm pak 38. Kit + eduard PE + Resin wheels (first time) looks nice in the box.... will be done a unknown German unit, Russia 1944 in Schwarzgrau/Dunkelb scheme.....

photos to follow

• Like 1

This will be interesting.

Cheers,

well it looks interesting in the box ;-) not promising it will look good when it starts to come together (but cant wait to start - gonna read the instructions and mark the kit ones up for the PE work tongiht I think)

EDIT plus get some photos of the kit etc.....

Edited by robw_uk

wowowowowowwo just marked up the instructions with the PE changes... this is gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun (with a capital ARGH)... but hey, if we dont push ourselves we stagnate... might a little wiring too (seen some that is in the cab so....._

ok then - photos... box lid, instructions (orange markings are my primitive links to the PE instructions, sprues (there is a 2nd set of wheels & tracks), PE then the resin - Panzer Art Gelande Pattern Road Wheels (slightly smaller than the kit ones - will that be a problem?) and a RB models resin 20l fuel can to replace the 4  the kit has (PE calls for one each side rather than the 2 in the kit and there is an optional box for one side....)

IMG_3126_zps892202b9.jpg

IMG_3127_zps8074fb7e.jpg

IMG_3128_zps5152bb6b.jpg

IMG_3129_zpse1ac30fb.jpg

IMG_3130_zpsf2e4c075.jpg

IMG_3133_zpsb4634425.jpg

IMG_3132_zps2153e082.jpg

roll on Saturday - cant wait to start

• Like 1

Just how long is this GB?!!!

Can't wait to see how things progress. :popcorn:

Cliff

should have time..... (I hope)... anyway a start, day 1 and yes, attacked PE for the first time (apart from my super glue application - sometimes a little heavy handed... hmmmmmm - as its interior hoping i can improve and that paint will cover it)... curves are a PITA but the RB Model folder seems to work nicely on simple folds....

piccies

the initial piece....

IMG_3154_zps0583b4a0.jpg

and with PE pedals and gear stick (I assume)

IMG_3161_zps7c2548b8.jpg

IMG_3162_zpsc3b1d087.jpg

IMG_3157_zpse25f3dfc.jpg

The kit barrel has part of the housing attached. Don't think it would be a simple swap. Thinking for s tarpaulin covering it... so in transit or some sort of protective cover.... will see what it is like when finished...

More work... flip my eyes need help with pe, think a magnifying light is needed... any driving compartment done, some VERY small pieces to fold... photos in a tick....

photos to show progress... I think I need to paint the cab work so far or risk not being able to get at it... going black primer then schwarzgrau interior - that way the foot-wells should be nice & shadowed... you cant see too much (obviously the dashboard) but he pedals should be visible so will also dry brush scuff marks on before much else happens. also started removing detail requested by the PE on the main body... getting used to this (mind the 2 levers on the 2nd photo took most of today to fit... any my eyes - think a magnifying lamp is in order.....

IMG_3163_zpsb15aa6cb.jpg

IMG_3164_zpsfd6e7b44.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

great pick and agreat start !! Enjoy the build !! Peter

thanks Peter - first squirt of paint should go on today. Doing the cab so I can get in to the pedals etc (black undercoat then schwarzgrau). Will also look at other parts I can start building/prepping for PE (am enjoying that part of things, so far an enjoyable build_

right todays update... Schwarzgrau on in the cab over a black undercoat (definitely loving Vallejo Model Color and Air) and the front steering mechanism built. I was a little late in checking the fit of the resin replacement wheels - had to butcher the locating pins after it was all fixed - hoping copious amounts of CA will keep the new wheels in place  :( 

anyway piccies

first off painting

IMG_3166_zpsf2e8e307.jpg

IMG_3167_zpscf973571.jpg

IMG_3168_zps525782d2.jpg

IMG_3170_zpsb177278f.jpg

then steering

IMG_3171_zpsa0620b69.jpg

IMG_3172_zpsc4ecde10.jpg

and finally the nice PE rear flooring...

IMG_3173_zpsf1649341.jpg

You are going very fast! You can learn me some tricks about PE. I have done some today and I almost throw it up the wall!!!

Cheers,

Some of the stuff on the dash nearly got me like that but I got there. The switch on the left was a right pig. Need to add another lever after the first fell off to be eaten by the carpet monster...

What are you using to fold yours?

Rob, you are a prolific modeller. Don't know where you get the time. Looking good though,

Jk

That's probably 3 hours Saturday 2 hours Sunday and 2 hours Monday.... perhaps if I was slower I would be neater too... no work tonight's but more tomorrow. More PE this time on the doors. Going to pose the drivers side down andbother up (pe on that side has what looks like a Marshall's paddle so nice detail). Might also start to clean up the wheels and tracks..... yuk...