I'm in, decided not to go for the Do-335 at the moment as It's missing more parts than I realised. So will have to track them down later...

I'm toying with either a Sunderland or a Ju-88 easter front scheme. Will decide soon! (Both Airfix / 72nd)

I'm in, decided not to go for the Do-335 at the moment as It's missing more parts than I realised. So will have to track them down later...

I'm toying with either a Sunderland or a Ju-88 easter front scheme. Will decide soon! (Both Airfix / 72nd)

Gone for Eastern front Ju-88 1/72nd Airfix...

Have Hasegawa 1/48 Ar-234B2/N with masses of extras! :yahoo:

Only problem was "brand new never opened" was; actually opened, bags opened, parts broken off, and worst of all main upper section of canopy was broken in half!! :rant:

As guessed not happy, they gave me £10 back. Luckily Squadron make a vac-formed replacement, so £10 paid for that. Hopefully that’s the last of the problems!

Can’t wait to start or see who’s building what!

Well, I'm in the middle of a Bf 110 G-4 for the Nightfighter GB over on IPMS Ireland but once I've got that done (it'll be a few weeks yet) I'll be over here with Revell's 1:72 B-17F Memphis Belle. Looking forward to it! :)

J.

• Like 1

Guys, I've got a question regarding German WW2 aircraft codes? It's something I've had to start learning for this GB!

I'm quite into the aircraft side of things but know sod all about the codes on the side of the aircraft, like F6+TH for example on a Ju-88.. Is there anywhere online, or books I could buy that help me recognise where they were from, units, what they did etc?

It's something I've always wanted to learn but never have! I have quite a few WW2 German kits in the stash so this would help me in the future!

Thanks all & good luck!

Hmmm...been giving this some thought and have a few possibilities...

Monogram Me 262

Tamiya Fw190 D-9

Monogram Typhoon

Eduard Tempest V

Academy Spitfire XIV

Revell Spitfire XVI

Eduard Yak-3

I've run out of US metal (except bombers) and all my remaining Luft stuff is early war...

Edited by AndyC
  • Like 1

Hmmm...been giving this some thought and have a few possibilities...

Monogram Me 262

Tamiya Fw190 D-9

Monogram Typhoon

Eduard Tempest V

Academy Spitfire XIV

Revell Spitfire XVI

Eduard Yak-3

I've run out of US metal (except bombers) and all my remaining Luft stuff is early war...

In the same boat Andy, was looking at the stash this afternoon and had on the floor, all 1/48

Eduard Yak-3

Eduard FW190 A8/R2 Weekend 

Hobbyboss Me 262 and TA 152 C

Revell Spitfire Mk 9/15

Airfix Spitfire Mk 12

Zevada La 5

Eduard FW190D  

Guys, I've got a question regarding German WW2 aircraft codes? It's something I've had to start learning for this GB!

I'm quite into the aircraft side of things but know sod all about the codes on the side of the aircraft, like F6+TH for example on a Ju-88.. Is there anywhere online, or books I could buy that help me recognise where they were from, units, what they did etc?

It's something I've always wanted to learn but never have! I have quite a few WW2 German kits in the stash so this would help me in the future!

Thanks all & good luck!

Hi Radleigh

I have just found this link which may be of help, he even has it as a PDF file, nice.

http://www.rlm.at/cont/archiv02_e.htm

I know I have books on this stuff but would probably take forever to find and complile, but this list looks pretty good.

Plus I found this as well, it should help.

http://www.rlm.at/cont/archiv03_e.htm

Edited by trickyrich

Planing to come aboard with 2 planes for this GB.

I'll have to start a bit late - I'm busy with an F-15 Eagle, and my son is monopolising the model room for exam revision.

However looking forward to an Airfix Lancaster with No Enemy Aircraft decals, as she sits in Hendon.

And a Revell Lancaster with Paragon Manchester conversion - there's an interesting story to the plane I've got in mind.

The conversion set is designed for Airfix - so I need to study it a bit before committing. 

In the same boat Andy, was looking at the stash this afternoon and had on the floor, all 1/48

Eduard Yak-3

Eduard FW190 A8/R2 Weekend 

Hobbyboss Me 262 and TA 152 C

Revell Spitfire Mk 9/15

Airfix Spitfire Mk 12

Zevada La 5

Eduard FW190D  

Actually - you have reminded me - I have an Academy La-5 too! 

Andy, I'm voting for either the La-5 or the Yak-3! ;)

Ha!  You do surprise me Radleigh!  Actually I agree - however I want to make sure they have the 'correct' decals as I'm not sure a bird depicted as a 1943 machine would necessarily qualify (as it would have been somewhere over Russian homelands and not exactly battling for the Reich).  Can the mods confirm? 

I probably need to see if I can get some for a machine in 1945 perhaps on the Berlin Front - I think Hannants has a set of Yak-3 decals that show a 1945 machine.

I'll have a think 

Well, after 6 months of illness and near terminal mojo loss I would like to reenter the modelling fold with a contribution to this GB.  A rummage in the stash unearthed a large pile of candidates and if I really get into the swing of things I may even attempt more than 1 build.

To start off with I'd like to add to the armour side of things with Tamiya's lovely little 1/48 T26E3 Pershing.  It'll be pretty much OOB although I have ordered the Hauler general etched set to provide brush guards etc.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Andy

Hi all,being not of sound mind and body,I would like to enter with the positively ancient Revell Bf 110 1/32nd scale Nightfighter,its been mocking me from the stash for to long!

I'd like to have a go... I've got an Airfix Spit XII looking at me going 'Ramrod missions' (yes, I do need to get out more when the models start talking). The old Airfix Hampden is also looking rather tempting - if I can summon up the courage needed for that kind of challenge!

• Like 2