A new Range from Hannants - Xtradecal Premier COMING SOON

Mike

I buy decal sheets like this because of one (or more) subjects represented, with no particular plans to do anything with any of the others ... but at some future point, having the decals in hand may well inspire me to purchase an appropriate kit and use them! The hobby's big enough to cater for people with a variety of approaches to cater for their particular interests, surely?

I'll be getting this. There's at least four on the sheet I'll build (need to get an F-16 from somewhere). I much prefer this type of sheet to the "20 different marking choices for the same aircraft type ", I'd very quickly get bored if I was just building the same aircraft over and over again!

Andy

Not a kit builder myself, but wouldn't it make sense to sell one sheet for one specific aircraft, offering it in different scales?

Rather than all these expensive multi-sheets?

Or maybe theme it to, say, Reno racers, with a couple of P51s, Sea Furies and Bearcats per multi-sheet in the fair guess that one person would do all of them eventually.

I'm sure there would be a military equivalent, but know nothing of that subject.

Martin

This isn't a new thing though is it. Model Alliance (RIP) did them regularly with the Airforces Updates. I've bought these in the past and only used perhaps two or three of the subjects as you're unlikely to find individual ones on their own. I've got spares now for stuff -that's how it works, doesn't it?

On the other hand, probably only a few of us have made as many Hawks as the recent Xtradecal threesome gives us.

This isn't a new thing though is it. Model Alliance (RIP) did them regularly with the Airforces Updates.

I believe that this sheet is a result of the Model Alliance debacle. Same designers now working for Xtradecal. :thumbsup:

As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of special markings. I'd much prefer to build a bog standard line jet. It would be good if these sort of sheets could provide options for the same jets before they had the special markings applied.

Mind you, my minor dislike of special markings isn't going to stop me from buying this sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like these multi-subject decals. There are usually at least two aircraft that I'm immediately interested in, so the cost per marking cuts the cost of the decal sheet by half. Of course at the rate I build 90 percent of the decals in my stash will wind up in a landfill in about 40 years!

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Just two seaters, I don't like two seaters, can't you do any single seaters..... :winkgrin:

Only joking Andy, these look interesting, keep up the good work!

I don't think it's possible to produce a style of sheet that pleases everyone - some will like single subject sheets, some will like mixed sheets, some will like mixed ones that have a connection. I have my preference, but it hasn't stopped me buying sheets in the past if I like a subject on it!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this sheet for the AV-8B decals, but there's at least 4 missing from the sheet for the intake warnings (20, 28, 41 & 45). I'm a bit disappointed as they're very prominent. anyone else noticed this?