A new Range from Hannants - Xtradecal Premier COMING SOON

Mike

We've had a few decal companies shuffle off the mortal coil lately, so it's nice to see some new activity on that front, providing us modellers with something thinking that's literally "out of the box".

I am pleased to announce the development of a new decal range for Hannants, which will be marketed under the brand name Xtradecal Premier.

This range is being prepared, on behalf of Hannants, by Phoenix Design and Consultancy and will cover a broad range of mainly Post-War subjects. The production of sheets in both major scales (1:72 and 1:48) will be dependant on the availability of kits and will be in line with the current strategy adopted for the Xtradecal Range. Some subjects may, in due course, be released in other scales subject to marketability and consumer interest.

I've attached a PDF file here containing details of the company and the first release, although I've reduced the quality to make it more accessible and keep the work copyright safe - I think they'll appeal to a great many :)

Press_Release_-_XtraDecal_Premier.pdf

If you don't have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here to be taken to Adobe's site to download it.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="davidelvy" data-cid="1212990" data-time="1357941763"><p>

Thanks, for the information and the link, Mike. Unfortunately it just means more frustration for those of us browsing on an IPhone.</p></blockquote>

Why? I've just checked it out on my iPhone

Nice, Hats off to Hannants, will no doubt be supporting the venture.  looking forward to the forthcoming Typhoons.  Hopefully we will see 12 sqn Tornado GR4 decals, at last.

Interesting, but I don't like that mix - one option I'd want to build on a 6 subject sheet.

Hi Dave, that was my thougth exactly, don't do Crab fighters etc, but why stick a chopper in the mix? Unles the fighter guys are willing to give the merlin set away.

Do fighter, do choppers, keep em seperate. We don't cross dress, as it were!

Colin

• Like 1

Hi Dave, that was my thougth exactly, don't do Crab fighters etc, but why stick a chopper in the mix? Unles the fighter guys are willing to give the merlin set away.

Colin

Well I'd want the Harrier, so maybe we could get a group buy together!! :-)

Well I'd want the Harrier, so maybe we could get a group buy together!! :-)

Nice idea but I don't want the Merlin!!!!! I think from my point of view the whole idea is ill concievd. I may be wrong but I think hannants may well have bought the Aviation Workshop artwork etc and tried to package it as something'new'. In my opinion I don't think it has worked. I may be proved wrong.

Colin

Nice idea but I don't want the Merlin!!!!! I think from my point of view the whole idea is ill concievd. I may be wrong but I think hannants may well have bought the Aviation Workshop artwork etc and tried to package it as something'new'. In my opinion I don't think it has worked. I may be proved wrong.

AW used to do this type of sheet, so it must be popular. I suspect it's some of the old AW team now producing stuff for Hannants. Which is good, as most of them really knew their stuff.

I'll probably buy one anyway and try to trade the ones I don't want!

Edited by Dave Fleming

I don't see the problem.  There's normally only one interesting subject on any set of transfers, even when they are all of a specific kind or nation.  Modelling a number of different types to a common theme is perhaps more promising then all of a kind.  And certainly better than these highly-priced sheets with 20+ subjects on.

Downloads fine on my Sony tablet, however the format has no appeal to me at all, not buying a sheet for just one option. In most cases it will get released by another provider with aircraft of the same nationality.

Colin

Its called 'variety' and these sheets seem to have done well in the past and there are quite a few others out there doing them, with a mix of fast jet and rotary wing etc. A lot of Hannants 'standard' Xtradecals range focus on single-type subjects and whilst they clearly sell well these are not to everyones' taste. I would suggest that having a second range that is distinctly different from their main one adds another string to their bow. As some on this thread have suggested, there is a healthy market in trading part-used decal sheets and I suspect some will resort to this. I doubt the sheets will bomb since quite a few seem to like variety rather than a sheet that offers 15-20 Phantoms, Hornets or Vipers.

I seem to have started something I hadn't intended to! My personal tastes only! And I build helicopters as well sometimes, I have more than a few of the old UK Air Power sets that MA used to do. I just thought this a rather eclectic mix! No criticism of the idea was intended!

IMO with the current and new kits on the market, this sheet will do rather well!

can't seem to access the link on my sony tablet- could anyone post a list of the aircraft and markings on the sheet?

cheers Paul

Anyone able to assist on this? I'm dying to know what's on the sheet!

cheers, paul