A TIGER ONE for christmas with all the trimmings.

eagle

An over view of most of the parts that will go towards the finished article.
I have to say that the purpose of the exercise is to do it and enjoy the build and not so important for an end result ,thats is I may only paint parts and not all of it leaving all the brass etch on show.Dont know yet early days.

P1140248_zps29a01f19.jpg

Edited by eagle

A quick look at the crew brew.
The three on the left are Hornet heads.
The one on the right is still work in progress ,he looks about 16 which is about the age he would have been. More luck than judgement.

P1140256_zpse0cee400.jpg

Edited by eagle

Ah, fruils.. Love them.. Hate the tedium involved though..

If I recall correctly there's an issue with the height of the transmission not allowing the thing to close up properly (by as little as 0.5mm apparently..), as well as the ammo racks need to be four rounds deep, not three (that is, if you're so inclined to fix that with a bit of scratch building, or are just happy with it as is..)..

Looking forward to seeing this thing develop!

Ok I looked into it and it would appear that yes there is an array of 4 shells .So had a bit of a bash ,cut and paste session and made one rough one out of two good ones, and hay presto, bobs your auntie .a 4 rack array ,Which will be siutably camoflaged with a bit of paint.

P1140262_zps1323a6b8.jpg

Photobucket .........mmmmmmm

I make the assumption im doing it right .

Take picture

Transfer to hard drive store folder.

open photobucket

open correct folder in photobucket

upload correct file of of hard drive.

When uploaded click on picture

go to bottom of info box double click on last box .(hopefully captured link)

go to britmodeller

open correct thread

click paste

and link address appears between two IMG quotes.

Seems such a windy process ,is there not an easier way to paste direct into britmodeller??

Edited by eagle

nice work... for photobucket - that seems about right - i copy the 2nd link down (direct link) then in the reply box on BM choose "insert image" but that stems from me having problems with the direct link....

• 1 month later...

Ok for the last few weeks ive been applying as much of the etch as possible

P1140345_zpscf4895e8.jpg

Lots and lots of bits and pieces

P1140348_zpsc11b3b49.jpg

Somehow it all goes in here

P1140349_zps3123b827.jpg

P1140350_zpsaa73af71.jpg

P1140351_zpsa3e8440e.jpg

P1140352_zps0ae041cd.jpg

P1140353_zps97c78190.jpg

Believe it or not thats all the Eduard etch applied ,that is except for the ones ive knocked off and will now spend a few more days re-gluing them back on. There are also some of the original kit also to be added mostly internal stuff.Ive used actual wood for the wooden handle items.

Moving ever closer to getting some paint on some of it .

I can honestly say that I have never had such fun as I have had with building up the separate pieces which will one day be one piece.

2 last picture before i return to the sticking exercise.

I think you will agree the smallest model room in the universe.

P1140356_zpsce5d1c87.jpg

P1140355_zps56d6a104.jpg

Edited by eagle

The track is not over tight as it looks to be ,it isn't located properly on the wheels it will all be disassembled once more before any painting commences.

Hi Rob

I havnt really descided how it will go together,I have a mind to build it in modules and then hopefully click them together,

At the mo the etch is vulnerable and needs either some paint or varnish to give it a bit more grip .

I still have a lot of assembly to do yet.

Some other ideas was to have cut outs in the body ,but I dont like that

Or to use some perspex rods and arrange it so its open all the time and in exploded view.

Its work in progress

Great work so far. It's looking like a really promising build. One thing I've noticed is that you have attached the final drive bolt plates in the wrong positions. Take a look at this picture of a tiger, the lower front plates are clear. Those 2 parts should be flush with the final drive housings, below the tow hooks.

tiger-tank-sdkfz-181.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Matt your obviously a steeley eyed tiger one expert.

Sorted

Thanks

I'm certainly no expert, but I've built a fair few! Seeing as you've done such I great job so far I couldn't not point it out :winkgrin:

I'm looking forward to seeing this one painted. Have you decided on a scheme yet?

Actually the picture in the destructions shows them in that position. What i didnt see was the 2 little arrows saying put them against the side that was weeks ago. So it got overlooked. For now im still building up modules so no consideration for any paint schemes as yet.

Ok to give a small consideration to the painting for the moment.I bought myself one of the following,its a relatively new product from Vallejo.There are other schemes as well.

It contains smaller sized bottles than normal ,but includes 5 shades of grey one is a primer. and 1 satin varnish. So its 4 shades of usable grey.

I intend to use the 4 shades of grey to paint the exterior or a combination to paint internal items as well .The interior will be white and panzer red where applicable.Unless I change my mind which I wont becuse Im not a lover of sand colour.So thinking about it its grey or sand ,so its grey. No camoflage scheme.

I also think with the quantity of this paint in each bottle Im going to have to be quite carefull in usage when

applying with an airbrush.

P1140358_zps3ad372a2.jpg

Edited by eagle

Stll crunching away on a daily basis adding this bit and that bit .

Thought i would give some off it a spray of undercoat to change from the sand colour .

Still lots of parts to add and construct.

Back to the super glue.

P1140361_zps34ef028a.jpg

P1140384_zps214f0b6f.jpg

I have to admit I got fed up with the vallejo paints ,it seemed every time i went for a change of colour the previous paint had gone off in the airbrush preventing me from getting ahead ,so I changed to tamiya paint with a splash of x20 .

I will play with the paints another day to see if i can get them right.

Its hard to use any thing that causes you problems so you revert to what you know works for you .Anytime i use tamiya paint with x20 you never ever get bloockages.And can get on in leaps and bounds.

Edited by eagle

P1140387_zps1c58acc8.jpg

The trick now is to get all that on the outside has got to go inside.

And then some more.

Phew this is certainately a marathon.

But im still enjoying it and havnt wandered.

P1140394_zps8293f35f.jpg

Edited by eagle