Revell 1/32 Lynx HAS.3 - Painting begins...

Spence

Hi Spence.it's looking good,I'll follow your build thread with interest as I have one which will be winging it's way southwards in the not too distant future. It looks like a very nice kit.

Colin

That is brilliant so far.

As a newbie, how do you get such good fine details, like on the quilted wall?

Steady hand? Patient masking? Please tell.

Thank you for using my Tornado pic as your avatar, I'm glad you like it! Chuffed!! :)

Looks excellent so far. On the longitudinal seat, do I see a mould seam in the cut-outs by the seat corners? I'm wondering if, for a little more scale fidelity, those corners could be thinned to give the impression of a single skin secured by being wrapped around the frame members. (Though perhaps not for an OOB build!)

Hi guys - thanks a lot for the comments, I'm glad you like what I've done so far. The airframe's now built so hopefully I can get some paint on this one over the next few days: it's gonna look great in its ICE colours..! ;)

Spence

:o  :partytime:

Fantastic work Spence. I mean the weathering you have done is mind-blowing!!!

Just one quick  question. How come and you didn't add the harnesses on the back seats?? You know, just to have a more complete look.

Can you tell us a few things about the weathering you have done. The steps, the mediums, etc.

Looking forward to see the next steps of your build.

Cheers

Sernak

:o  :partytime:

Fantastic work Spence. I mean the weathering you have done is mind-blowing!!!

Just one quick  question. How come and you didn't add the harnesses on the back seats?? You know, just to have a more complete look.

Can you tell us a few things about the weathering you have done. The steps, the mediums, etc.

Looking forward to see the next steps of your build.

Cheers

Sernak

Hi mate - simply because this is a test-shot and my brief for the build, was to build it from the box with no additions. I'm planning on building another and adding detail to it, so hopefully it will look more complete next time. The details of the build will appear in an upcoming issue of Tamiya Magazine International...

Spence :)

Say,......you're really quite good at this are n't you? :clap2:  Maybe you should consider doing it  for a living...... :hmmm:

:P

Lovely paintwork Spence :worthy:

I haven't got the time, what with all of this modelmaking nonsense! ;)

• Like 1

I to was leaning towrads that way of thinking, I now have an RN kit on the way, so I may build a Danish cab from one of my spare Airfix kits and do an Oxford blue RN cab from the Revell kit. Then I quite fancy the protoype from the AH7 kit using the ROTORcraft kit parts.

Colin

Hi everyone!

The Revell Lynx contains intake covers moulded in clear plastic, supposedly to replicate the mesh covers found on the real helicopter. This was never going to work, so I've added canvass covers to the model using Magic Sculp. After being painted in red, these new additions will be finished off with RBF tags...

Edited by Spence
  • Like 1