A couple of Land Rovers in the right Forum!

simmerit

You have given yourself a real task to finish off all those started kits !!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to do a diorama of all this kit in Germany ????????

You have enough kit there to fill an 8'x4' base by the looks of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

What are your plans ??????

Some rally nice kits there !!!!!!

Nige

You have given yourself a real task to finish off all those started kits !!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to do a diorama of all this kit in Germany ????????

You have enough kit there to fill an 8'x4' base by the looks of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

What are your plans ??????

Some rally nice kits there !!!!!!

Nige

Hello Nige,

it just needs a bit of focus mate, and I will steadily work my way through them.

the 1 tonner needs a Sankey and it is going to a motar platoon in a little scenario doing a shoot I think.  Maybe with the half tonner.  I've got some photos I can nick ideas from, from when I was a lad

I feel a chalk getting ready to load on the wokka wokka, or a truck slung under it, maybe with a sankey

4 tonner and the 109s are in a convoy mate, and I've got a whole bunch of little lads to think about as they are all different cap badges!!  Not sure about the 88 when i do it.  

I need some 1/2 tonners in a  recce platoon!!!

Something to enjoy and think about whilst it snows I guess

well this is ready to spray now.  I use Halfords grey primer.  Its about 8 sheets for a tin and top value having had a look at some the stuff they sell in model shops.  Dunno what you lot use - I think judging by some of the models you stick together some of you are a bit keen on this modelling lark!  The box by the was is a TAMIYA PG Tips cardboard box holding 240 tea bags:-)

IMAG0574_zps2ed1d62c.jpg

There is still a bit of work to do on the windscreen

IMAG0573_zpsa97f274f.jpg

Coming on nicely.

The lightweight looks good apart from the canvas roof, it looks far too thick to me, I would consider changing it myself, and the wheels look too large.

These Landies had smaller wheels than the 109`s.

Still good work as these problems are with the kit itself and not your work.

Malc.

Edited by Malcolm Shaw

Coming on nicely.

The lightweight looks good apart from the canvas roof, it looks far too thick to me, I would consider changing it myself, and the wheels look too large.

These Landies had smaller wheels than the 109`s.

Still good work as these problems are with the kit itself and not your work.

Malc.

yep I think the tilt is pants too.  The truck is not bad from a scale perspective and the wheels are OK but if you want to get really sad they have the wrong drive members in point of fact...... here is a comparison I did a few days ago.....

IMAG0479_zpsb79670a2.jpg

this is an civvy  Italeri wagon - my first 109.  few bits to sort like the rear cross member for one

LastScan_zpsa34c5b53.jpg

This is what really wants doing with the 1/2 tonner in my view.  Recce

wheels were the same as the 109.........tyre sizes varied

my mistake....that`s what I meant and should have put.

Sim, I agree, the Recce Lightweight looks great.

I fancy the new 1/24th scale Lightweight from KFS.

Malc.

my mistake....that`s what I meant and should have put.

Sim, I agree, the Recce Lightweight looks great.

I fancy the new 1/24th scale Lightweight from KFS.

Malc.

Yep looks fantastic. Some of the lads on EMLRA are pretty enthusiastic about it as well. I get some great comment on my blog. One of the lads pointed out the drive members on the wheels on the half tonner the other day. I've really enjoyed the banter as there'd area bunch of lads having a ball with it all, and quite a few of them have started modelling now which is great.

viper-30 is constantly taking the piddle as I never finish anything, but what the he'll. I'm having fun and that's what counts!!

Hi Sim

That does look very nice !!!!!!! II need to pull my 1/24 scratchbuild back to the front of the pile at some time and see if I can get it looking as good !!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be good to get pics of all four sides of your model, top (inside without the canvas) and underside views of the model to see if there is anything that I can add to my own build to get it looking right !!!!!!!!!!!

Are you adding radios or anything else to this one ???? And are you putting another Sanky behind it ??????????

You are gradually getting through them !!!!

Nige

Hello fella,

yep pretty pleased with it so far.  I'll take soem snaps when its a bit further on.  Detail underneath is lacking though.  You need a real one mate!!

IMAG0693_zps4c45c35c.jpg

IMAG0691_zpsd4f755ea.jpg

IMAG0692_zpsefc2a727.jpg

IMAG0694_zps45de6698.jpg

I'm doing the half tonner for another lad.  He's donated to the Rifles charity Care for Casulaties for it + a tenner for materials.  I'll be gutted to hand it over.  No comms on it or Sankey.  Its a copy of his real one.

Little more progress

IMAG0760_zpsdb338f3b.jpg

IMAG0757_zps79b75ebe.jpg

IMAG0760_zpsdb338f3b.jpg

Ordering some lights this morning.  Will have to file these off I think.  Wish I'd spotted it before I started.  I guess the moral is give it a good check before starting.  I wouldn't have thought they would have made such an obvious mistake though

This is the lad's 1/2 tonner that I am doing it for. You can see the bug eye lights on it

One of the lad's has a 2a but I'm not doing that for him - too much bl@@dy work!

If you want more let me know and I'll ask one of the lads.  You name the piece of kit and one of them has got it!!  I've had snaps for my 4 tonner, the lightweight.  I've got my own 1:1 scale Wolf so no need there of any photos for reproduction purposes as I rebuilt my own.  One of the lads is building an RWMIK at the minute and the 101 shots hopefully turn up today