Mercedes GP Petronas MGP W01 1/24 (First Attempt)

Hi all,

Here is my first attempt at the four wheeled kind :-) having posted my first two builds on here of the flying kind my daughter bought me this for Christmas and I have only just finished it due to being back at work. Any pointers would be great as I have only just started this new hobby and I am really enjoying it. Only had one main issue which was I applied the decals onto the tyres before fitting the wheels....whoops! most of the decals detached themselves from the tyres when fitting the wheel hubs :-( we learn from our mistakes.

DSCF6142_zps3debcdc9.jpgDSCF6139_zpseb8d51a7.jpg

Thanks for looking and for any advice.

Pip

Edited by Pip
  • Like 2

Hi Pip,

That looks great, not much to say to improve it other than maybe using a satin varnish on the tyre surface. The walls tend to be glossier than the surface, I also give the walls a light black wash just to tone the logos down.

The next stage would be to use a PE upgrade set to provide thinner wing end plates, barge boards etc, though these tend to be more readily available for the Tamiya kits.

Cheers,

Warren

Madmonk & HOUSTON,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, I will use the Tyre suggestion when I build the next one :-)

Kind regards

Pip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I'm a total novice re modelling, so forgive what might seem a basic question, but how did you paint the bodywork? I ruined my attempt at this model when, upon advice elsewhere on the www I sprayed first gloss black, then the chrome, only for it to crack everywhere?! Fantastic looking build, well done!!! ;-)