Peter Cooke scratchbuilt models

SL721

Edgar, I gather from other posts on the Forum that you know Peter Cooke?  I'm wondering at what stage his professional modelling career ended with the injury to his hand.  When Richard Riding was Editor at 'Aeroplane' magazine we used to get occasional articles and updates on Peter's projects, and to the best of my knowledge the last we heard was that he had completed his Mustangs and Lancasters and was embarking on a batch of Hurricanes.   Do you know if these were ever completed, or did his accident curtail the project?  Twenty or more years ago Peter was kind enough to send me some Kodachrome slides of one of his 1/24th Spitfire PRXIXs (in silver rather than PRU Blue), and to this day I have not seen a Spitfire model that comes close for verisimilitude and totally convincing detail.  His Spitfire models incorporated the washout in the wings which I don't think any plastic Spitfire kit has to this day, and I have often wondered if the lack of this washout may be the reason why the wings of the Spitfire Society's replica of K5054 don't look quite right.

What Peter did, in his personal/commercial life, rarely figured in any discussions (he's the coffee-making member of our club,) so we'd spend much of the time discussing technical aspects of the real aircraft, and correlating our various research projects. I suspect that he did get Hurricanes built, since he brought one to a club meeting.

Edgar