JASDF 50th Anniversary of JASDF 305th TFS Hyakuri Air Base

Hi Everyone 

This is my first GB on britmodeller, so I'm interested to see how it go. I've had this kit for almost 15 years, so I think it's about time I build it. I'm going to finish it in JASDF 50th Anniversary of JASDF 305th TFS Hyakuri Air Base marketings. I'm also thinking of replacing the engines and maybe get a new cockpit.

Anyway look forward to seeing everyone's F-15.

Regards 

Ken

IMG_8379small_zps8a6b7332.jpg

IMG_8381small_zps56d32ad8.jpg

IMG_8383small_zps7aab6499.jpg

IMG_8380small_zps3e81dfbc.jpg

IMG_8382small_zps4dab9d7b.jpg
  • Like 2

diffenently need to replace the exhaust here is a link to some pics of the bird http://www.amv83.fr/Asm/galleryjapanF15-305sqn.htm

Thank you for the Link. It will be helpful. I'll replace the exhaust with this set. http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AIRE4336  

Good luck with the build but beware the GB, once you join one....

Are you trying to say GB are like Pringles (once you start you can't stop!) Well it's too late. I signed up for the 1/144 GB and I'm doing a Nightfighter GB on The IPMS Ireland Forum http://forum.ipmsireland.com/topic/8342367/1/#new

Thank you all for your comments. I can't wait to start building. I will try my best to put up some build photo every week.

Regards

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

Well I’ve not been able to do much work on this GB this week. Had to work on some other projects. I also decided to get some extra parts to finish the cockpit. So when I get them I should be able to get more done. I have been working small bits. So the wing are glued, filled and sanded. Painted the cockpit, air intake, landing gear, wheel wells and most of the radar. I know I’ve not got a lot done and I don’t think I will get a lot done this week, but I should be ok after that. 

IMG_8410small_zpse339dae8.jpg

IMG_8411small_zps397af60e.jpg

IMG_8412small_zpsb8c86049.jpg

Regards

Ken
  • Like 1

Ken, Gee whiz! :wow: I absolutely adore colorful birds and this one is gonna be AWESOME. It will be quite a scheme when it's done . I think the Japaneses colorful birds look quite stunning in the sky.. :popcorn:

Thank you, There is so many to go for. I just could not do this in the standard grey. I can't wait to get it finished.

Got a little bit done this week, but it still does not look much. I was go to hold off doing anything on this project this week, as I was going to get some parts for the cockpit, but decided to work on and I could fit the parts after. As you can see the fuselage has been glued, the wing and horizontal stabiliser are attached. My next job is to fit the air intakes, so I can do some filling and paint the wheels.

IMG_8417_zps2a93e123.jpg
I re-scribe the panel lines on the horizontal stabiliser. I don’t know why Tamiya have raised panel lines on them.
IMG_8416_zps9124fc89.jpg
IMG_8419_zps6a27aa8d.jpg
IMG_8420_zps381c34e1.jpg
Regards
Ken

Wow cracking work Ken!

That looks like exactly the same kit as the tamiya F-15A that I've just started, can't wait to see it finished with those decals on.

The only thing I have noticed is from the information I can find on the net (so someone could well correct me on this) is that the radome actually hinges on the left hand side and not on top as tamiya would have it. See below:

Radar%20Antenna.jpg

Shot grabbed from here http://www.bobssoftwaretraining.com/pictures.htm :)

I'm still toying with the idea of including it on my build and was planning on scratch building a simple hinge and stay bar. Hope this helps!

Hi Danny

Yes the kits look the same. Can wait to see this one finished only had it for an age.

Thank you for the photo. On my instructions it did not say what to do. I was going to have it, so you could take the radome off, but I don't like that, because the part don't fit back together well. I had come up with the same idea of building a hinge and stay bar. I really want to get to the painting part of the build. that is when I will be happy.

Ken

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I'm looking for a little help. I'm looking for the two grey for the F-15. I have the Colour Ref for Mr.Color, but Is there a Tamiya match.

308 FS36375 Lt. Ghost Grey

307 FS36320 Dk Ghost Grey.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All

I have to admit defeat on this group build. That is not to say I’m giving up on finishing this build, I will and I will post it on the forum. I've never had so many problems painting a kit. I did not get to spend as much time on the build as I had planned, but I was beginning to make some progress until I had problem with paint and then my compressor broke. I hope it will be back working this week. So I can finish this project and a number of other ones.

Ken