1/48 - Grumman S-2A & E/G/N Tracker by Kinetic - released - Black Dog detailing set

Homebee

After its beautiful Grumman S-2E/G Tracker (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74094&hl=tracker), Kinetic is now working on the short version of the Stoof, the S-2A, with catalogue ref.48039.

Source: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=257024

As you can see both the CF-188, Tracker have been announced for this year. I havenât seen anything for

the Hornet as yet but I have very high hopes for it as I do know some of those who had input on the

preproduction side of things. I have seen some of the preproduction parts of a test cast for the Tracker

and I liked what I saw modified fuselage with a new tail and the nice panel lines looked good.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Source: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=257024&st=0

Alpha test casting will be ready in the next 2 weeks or so (decals will probably Belgian German and Top
Ace's - my guess NOT inside information!) then the CP-121 Tracker. It looks like the Hornet (at least in 1/48 tra la la la la la la la...) might be a little while yet. Sneek a peek at the Tracker PLEASE NOTE TEST CASTINGS only

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

In fact, there is a whole family to be built, early Tracker, late Tracker, Trader and the Tracer. Now wouldn't that make a great lineup. Plus a fire bomber if you fancy!

Colin

In fact, there is a whole family to be built, early Tracker, late Tracker, Trader and the Tracer. Now wouldn't that make a great lineup. Plus a fire bomber if you fancy!

Colin

..not forgetting the Conair Firecat turbo prop conversions ;)

6218194979_ef74fbeb80_z.jpg

MB9T8257 by Rainbow 1984, on Flickr

Edited by Radleigh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel

Release: June 2013

48039 S-2A Tracker Anti-Submarine Aircraft (new tool)
The S-2 Tracker (previously S2F prior to 1962) was the first purpose-built, single airframe, anti-submarine warfare (ASW) aircraft to enter service with the U.S. Navy. The Tracker was of conventional design with twin engines, a high wing and tricycle undercarriage. The type was exported to a number of navies around the world. Introduced in 1952 the Tracker saw service in the USN until the mid-1970s with a few aircraft remaining in service with other air arms into the 21st century.
Kit consists of over 200+ parts. Includes Cartograf decals with markings for S2F-1 US Navy VF-32 1962, CS2F-1 Canadian Armed Forces 1983, S2F-1 JMSDF II FS 1975.

Source: http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=14022

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if they'll bring out a P-3 Orion at some point, it would fit in well with there previous releases

In 1.48 now that would be something!

Julien

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't wait! :frantic::frantic::frantic: Mrs Martin says she will get me one for our Silver Wedding this year. She must really love after all! I have a mega build planned for this kit, like everything that can be opened up opened and in Dutch or Canadian markings. That will leave my long fuselage tracker free for an Australian build. Perhaps I need two of this kit so I can do both the Canadian and Dutch variants. Bugger!

Martin

Me too, I fancy building both Dutch & Canadian flown a/c too, hopefully the decals will include the RCN option with the large White Ensign on the tail,..or if not somebody like Belcher Bits will release a decal sheet that includes this scheme.

Looking forward to it coming out,......any idea when it is due?

Cheers

Tony O

PS- is the wingfold in the kit OK or does it need an aftermarket set?

Edited by tonyot

Just a heads up for those that may not know, but the guys over on ARC have discovered that the fuselage hasn't been shortened fully.

Kinetic reduced the length forward of the wing, but neglected to do the same to the rear fuselage: LINK

Mike.

Just a heads up for those that may not know, but the guys over on ARC have discovered that the fuselage hasn't been shortened fully.

Kinetic reduced the length forward of the wing, but neglected to do the same to the rear fuselage: LINK

Mike.

I dont even want to think about how much righteous indigation that will prompt the ARC rivet counters...

Mike.

This a bit surprising seeing as how Kinetic had to do a new fuselage anyway, however, its not that obvious to the eye and the fix if one is worried about it looks to be well within the grasp of anyone with the ability to tackle this kit. I reckon it would add about two hours at the most to the build. No big deal in the scheme of things. :frantic:

Martin

I stil can't wait to get my hands on one!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

In light of the quality of Kinetic's recent F/A-18C I would suggest to them that they make corrections to the Tracker molds like accurate engine nacelles, correct fuselage length for both types and correct the nose and windscreen.