PSYOP, O-2B Skymaster, 14 S.O.W

Hi everyone, here`s some pic`s of my second Testors 1/48 Skymaster that I`ve just finished

nO90A1T.jpg

Done to represent an aircraft of the 14 Special Operations Wing, Nha Trang Airbase S, Vietnam

H4qD4qu.jpg

Which was used for Psycological warfare missions such as Broadcasting and leaflet drops

atyLUdW.jpg

Sometimes known as `the bullsh*t bomber` ( I did google it and some pic`s came up )

A2g4xNK.jpg

Apart from seats, glare shields by landing lights and aerials every thing was in the box

FReIpoF.jpg

hope you enjoy looking at, Cheers

• Like 4

That's very neat Russ, I've been looking at this kit, how was it?

Cheers Phil, It`s like an old Airfix kit from the 60`s-70`s which is probably its vintage, but doesn`t take a lot of filler to build. There`s far worse out there !

Beautiful build. I didn't know they went with SEA camo on top as most of the O-2s I've seen were either gray or black. I really like it in the camo colors though as it gives the model a nice eye catching scheme and makes it look more like a "warplane" and less like "military used general aviation aircraft".

Excellent work!

• Like 1

Got to do one of these when i compleat the O 1 bird dog, whats the fit like?

Cheers `Miniair`; not too bad, just a bit of filler on the tail boom to mainplane join and a sink mark on the fuselage underside.

I like that a lot Russ,

I`ve never seen that scheme on the O-2 before but it looks great, very different. I`ve got one planned to build as a Rhodesian one but I need to find some gun pods for the roof!

All the best

Tony O

• Like 1

Looks nice Russ are you thinking about putting it in a diorama because if you made it so it was flying and dropping leaflets it might be the most unique diorama ever

• Like 1

I like that a lot Russ,

I`ve never seen that scheme on the O-2 before but it looks great, very different. I`ve got one planned to build as a Rhodesian one but I need to find some gun pods for the roof!

All the best

Tony O

For the roof ? I`m intrigued, Cheers Tony

Looks nice Russ are you thinking about putting it in a diorama because if you made it so it was flying and dropping leaflets it might be the most unique diorama ever

Mmmm, nice idea, Cheers Brody

For the roof ? I`m intrigued, Cheers Tony

Hiya Russ,

Yes the Rhodesian Cessna`s were made in France by Rheims-Cessna and were known as the Lynx. Rather like a WW1 Nieuport Scout they had the guns mounted on the top of the wing above the cabin with ammo boxes in the cabin itself! See below;

Photo_Lynx_02.jpg

Photo_Lynx_01.jpg

Having read an excellent book about the Bush Wars I`ve always fancied building one of these and they appear to have been pretty `poo-poo hot' in the COIN environment low down over the savannah,

All the best mate,

Tony O 

• Like 1

Hiya Russ,

Yes the Rhodesian Cessna`s were made in France by Rheims-Cessna and were known as the Lynx. Rather like a WW1 Nieuport Scout they had the guns mounted on the top of the wing above the cabin with ammo boxes in the cabin itself! See below;

Photo_Lynx_02.jpg

Photo_Lynx_01.jpg

Having read an excellent book about the Bush Wars I`ve always fancied building one of these and they appear to have been pretty `poo-poo hot' in the COIN environment low down over the savannah,

All the best mate,

Tony O 

Cool !