F-15C Oregon ANG

And we're off!

Slightly delayed due to work getting in the way, but I've made a start.

IMG_0659_zps851c5df9.jpg

IMG_0661_zpsa49925a8.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsfefc633c.jpg

Cockpit primed and instrument painting started. Got a half day tomorrow so I should be able to crack on a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Next update: -

Intakes and fuselage built up and a bit of filler on the join. I did take more photos but formatted the wrong card and lost them :banghead:

IMG_0767_zpsa2cbb687.jpg

Main fuselage sanded and lost panel lines re-scribed. Wings attached and now being left for 24 hrs to set.

IMG_0768_zpsc885986f.jpg

A bit of clean up to do on the wing to fuselage joints, then it'll be time to fit the front fuselage.

A bit more done, front fuselage attached, seams cleaned up and a coat of Halfords primer applied to check my fettling.

IMG_0770_zps5e8b7cc7.jpg

Made a start on shading the natural metal areas at the back end.

IMG_0774_zps47aac7cb.jpg

IMG_0773_zpse0bd4720.jpg

The camera flash has picked up on the base silver and makes it look brighter than it actually is. I'll try a longer exposure without the flash next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to it after a weeks enforced lay off due to Emodels fast and efficient service being nothing of the sort! Yesterday I bit the bullet and drove to Chester and got the bits I needed from Modelzone.

While I was waiting the primer was micromeshed ready for the first of the greys.

IMG_0916_zps71cfbcde.jpg

Lighter grey sprayed onto the upper fuselage.

IMG_0917_zps01900da6.jpg

Lower fuselage next, photo later.