Type 45 Destroyer Reference photos

j22mdr

Gents,

Here's a small selection from what I was able to get. I was lucky to get these as I think they underestimated by far how many people were going to turn up. I waited two hours, and I gather by the time I got on the queue had already been closed. They'd have had thousands if the weather had been better. No bridge shots as no access to there I'm afraid, and photography was restricted inside the ship, it was mostly limited to the decks.

IMG_9832-1_zps7b7553a8.jpg

IMG_9908_zpsfdaf6f28.jpg

IMG_9904_zpsc1a6a4ae.jpg

IMG_9900_zps5a6e6add.jpg

IMG_9849_zps17a4a510.jpg

IMG_9879_zpsd11bec80.jpg

A training flight of two Lynx HMA8's was embarked from 702 NAS.

IMG_9839_zps3c35f942.jpg

IMG_9896_zps6410438a.jpg

IMG_9873-2_zps183db0b3.jpg

Nice ship, and a lot more roomy inside than some of the others I've had a look at over the years. Still think the Type 45's are woefully under armed for their size and price tag. Dauntless doesn't even have Phalanx fitted, although I gather both that and Harpoon will be fitted during the forthcoming upgrade.

Gary

I just read today that the 4 sets of Harpoon launchers stripped off the Type 22 Batch 3 ships are going to be retrofitted to 4 of the T45s, but the impression I get is we simply wont bother with the other 2 ships.

Poor...

All the T45's are fitted for but not with Harpoon, I guess it's no big deal to alternate them between vessels, especially as it's unlikely that all 6 ships will be active in the fleet at any one time, with dockyard spells between patrols.

All the T45's are fitted for but not with Harpoon, I guess it's no big deal to alternate them between vessels, especially as it's unlikely that all 6 ships will be active in the fleet at any one time, with dockyard spells between patrols.

Hmm.

I suppose its not a big deal to ponce a couple off the US should a crisis escalate where all 6 T45s were available, and needed too.

Still sounds like faffing around to me tho'

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Could all those members who have posted photos here please contact Julien, our walkround co-ordinator, to give him permission to use them in our Walkround section? Thanks.

Well we do have a walkaround, but more pics are always welcome.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934713-type-45-daring-class-destroyer-royal-navy/

Julien

• 11 months later...

Hmm.

I suppose its not a big deal to ponce a couple off the US should a crisis escalate where all 6 T45s were available, and needed too.

Still sounds like faffing around to me tho'

Built like making a big fleet air arm then building a 'carrier' that could only carry half a dozen at once....... what kind of country would do that? well at least they have been sold now!

I think HMS Duncan has received them; hopefully the rest of - or at the very least most of - the class will also be fitted.

Ross.

• 7 months later...

I do like the photo of the Type 42`s heading out into the Solent.

Here is one of my favourites..

DSCF0537_zps87241254.jpg

John

2015 Warship awards international:

Best hat: Type 45 Destroyer (5 years running)

Most menacing look: Type 45 destroyer (5 years running)

Scariest look: Type 45 destroyer (since the final concept artwork)

conclusion: If you are a pirate and see this SAIL AWAY asap, this British thug will ruin your day!