Metal Gear REX

What ho fellows

Well i finished my Galactica and was going to start on the TOS Battlestar, but then i saw how much resin was involved and decided id rather do something a little more straight forward (almost slicing the end of my finger off didn't help either :P)

So i decided to start on REX

8358472896_d248c25f20.jpg

Awesome boxart by Yoji Shinikawa

8357410583_28f7030cb3.jpg

Obligatory spru shot

8357410413_c8829f684b.jpg

First leg

8357410237_26119a487a.jpg

Its all unpainted, im building up the sub assemblies before i decide on the final colour scheme

anyone who's built a Bandai Gundam will be familier with how the kits go together, they essentially snap together with no need to glue (they say that, once im ready to paint ill be gluing this properly)

so far its very straight forward and fun, the legs all move correctly and extend just like Rex should,

8357410057_c4135b5e5a.jpg

Ive already finished the pelvis and starting on the head this evening

shouldnt take too long with this

cheers

Andy

Welp that was fast

finished the sub-assemblies last night

8361816188_9eccd79f10.jpg

Pelvis

8360753795_44eb2cf17b.jpg

The Head

8361816018_890f4c7893.jpg

8361815984_b9dd0de08e.jpg

Rail Gun and Radar

8361815980_189f050e54.jpg

TMD pack - this has the only part which gave any trouble during assembly, the dark grey plug on the bottom refused to fit into the hole without some sanding back,

8360753971_9917600f01.jpg

And fitted together, its now going to get broken down again and given some paint, a few bits here and there will be glued, but ill be retaining all the articulation (except perhaps the foot spikes, they just keep falling off so they might get glued into place

any thoughts on colour? i wanna try to keep true to the game version, but i Do like the new splinter camo they have on the PAK-FA, also my make suggested tiger stripes, but then he is a sadistic sob ;)

• 4 weeks later...
So yeh, bet you thought id forgotten about this and she was languishing on the bottom of the stash, nope

no annoyingly I got it into my head that Digital Camo might be a good look for the REX

aaannndd that kinda takes a while to apply all that tape

So still need to touch up a few places, and then apply a wash, but thought id share where we are at the moment,

anyway hope you like it, cos like hell im gonna repaint it at this point :P

Love the Camo.

Id also love to see how you did it too.

I have a plan to do something like that on either my Ma.K Lunadiver or Falke :)

J.

I'd like to point out that I might be the one to blame for Andy spending many hours masking the whole thing. I may have mentioned that I thought it would look awesome in a digital camo scheme.

However, I did not expect my best mate to take me seriously.

Although, it is nice to know that I was right and that it does look awesome. Well done buddy! :)

Edited by Tinners

This is going to look gorgeous with the wash applied. Also, may I ask again where you got it from? If it was somewhere online I would very much like to get my hands on one. If you could PM me that would be great :D. Keep up the good work

• 1 month later...