More Fleet Air Arm Stuff- Avengers

Hiya Folks,

Thanks for being so kind about my other Fleet Air Arm threads and for wanting to see more of the stuff from my cabinet. At the risk of hogging the forum here is a shorter list of subjects tonight, featuring the Grumman Avenger in RN service;

Here are some Avenger Mk.I`s and II`s built using the fabulous 1/48th scale Accurate Miniatures kit as a basis, some with resin wing folds;

European Theatre,......ASW Scheme.

AvengerASW-48th3.jpg

AvengerASW-48TH-1.jpg

D-Day,...

DSCF9208-1.jpg

East Indies Fleet

DSCF9268.jpg

DSCF9263.jpg

DSCF9265.jpg

British Pacific Fleet;

bpfaVENGER48TH.jpg

BPFAvenger48th2.jpg

Moving to a larger scale, here is the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale kit as one of the Avenger Mk.II`s which took part in the famous Palembang raid;

1-32ndEIFAvenger-2.jpg

1-32ndEIFAvenger-3.jpg

132Avenger2-1.jpg

And a later version of the Trumpeter 1/32nd scale kit, the TBM-3 converted to an Avenger Mk.III;

BlueAvenger0001.jpg

DSCF9584.jpg

1-32ndBPFAvenger3.jpg

Post War Avenger AS.4 built from the fantastic Accurate Miniatures kit with a resin wing fold;

AvengerAS4.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Moving to a smaller scale, here is the 1/72nd scale Hasegawa Avenger AS.4/5 kit in Suez markings as one of the pair flown by the Ships Flight of HMS Bulwark;

13-AvengerAS4.jpg

11-AvengerAS4XB374981BHMSBulwark-Hasegawakit.jpg

10-AvengerAS4XB374981BHMSBulwark-Hasegawakit1-7.jpg

A final imposter,...the Accurate Images Helldiver converted into a Fleet Air Arm aircraft;

32.jpg

All the best and more to follow,

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 18

Very, very nice...................................you have my full attention when you post stuff like this !!!!

Hi Tony. Lovely collection the Avengers they certainly carried an odd collection of colour schemes, together with it's ungainly looks and it's sence of purpose, makes it a winner with me. Although I still have to build one. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Coli

Very nice indeed.

The italeri rebox of the AM kit is on sale at modelzone for only a tenner at the moment!

Julien

You really are a plastic pusher! LOL ;)

Edited by Radleigh

Fantastic builds and subjects as always Tony. Lovely modelling there.