Italeri 1/35 Schnellboot S205 "Ha-Ju"

It has been a labour of love and test of patience but after almost a year, I have finally gotten this finished. :)

I have had a battle on my hands with this model, including losing the transparencies and decals: Thankfully, my laser printer and a sheet of acatate saved the day.

Size-wise, this is a real monster: 3 feet long. It fits inside its display case with a mere 6 inches to spare and just squeezes inside with the radio masts having to be gently bent to get it onto the shelf. The crew are the Italeri set, but since I added Eduard PE, they don't quite fit as well as if it was all built OOB.

I used Vallejo Model colour for the Schnellbootwiess, which is a pig to airbrush and is almost transparent when applied. Next time, I'll mix up some Tamiya. Weathering is all done with oil washes and a little bit of the Tamiya weathering pigment. The crew are painted using Revell Aquacolour.

It is easy to go overboard with the weathering on this vessel (its all the white!) so I decided to go with a reasonably weathered specimen: something that has been out in the North Sea and Atlantic for a few weeks. Unfortunately, the lighting blows out a lot of the weathering detailing: in the flesh, the tones are very subtle indeed.

There is a little bit of stuff to do: namely covering the screwholes up and a little bit of touch-up, but this is pretty much finished.

8349647501_4a6ac81285_z.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

8350723706_d9554c60c2_z.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

8350711098_1ced10b292_z.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

8349651791_a39c1cc34b_z.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

8350715188_2a746a3972_z.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

8350717244_74fce900b1_z.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

8350718264_9478e5f3f9_z.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

8349661641_c0b75e8e75_z.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

8349663367_cfd4880f87_z.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Edited by Tinners
  • Like 4

Thats a cracker.I've got one of these in the hidden hoard,but don't have the guts to start it........................yet.

Get it built: you'll not regret it for a second, but make sure you have the room for it before you do: I ended up buying a glass case specifically to put it in, so that was an extra £130-odd I didn't expect. Luckily, the Schnellboot itself was a Christmas present from fellow modeller AndyP. :yahoo:

I'm really beginning to like these targets - there are some fabulous ones on here and this is no exception.

Love it.

Graham

Edited by GrahamS

Get it built: you'll not regret it for a second, but make sure you have the room for it before you do: I ended up buying a glass case specifically to put it in, so that was an extra £130-odd I didn't expect. Luckily, the Schnellboot itself was a Christmas present from fellow modeller AndyP. :yahoo:

Wish I had friends like that,I had to save me pennies for mine.

Well its not like you didnt spend the 6 months leading upto Xmas dropping hints about how much u wanted the damn thing :P very impressive work dude, surpasses even your Falcon IMO, look fwd to seeing it in the flesh now you figured out how to fit it onto the glass box ;)

and still finished before my Hood :P

Talking of things shippy,has there been a review of the Revell Corvette yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man I hate this site, soooo many superb builds to just demonstrate how far off the mark

my own stuff is.

An awesome build sir, well done. :worthy::worthy:

• 2 months later...