...and the first of 2013 - He 162

To begin the new year in the right way there's nothing better than a good model.

The new Revell He 162 32nd scale is really a very nice kit. It comes together almost without putty and there is a lot of fun adding some details to the engine in such an unusual position. Only the pilot seat, one of the first ejectable, could be a bit more accurate, but can't complain.

The model is built OOB with some scratchbuilt details for the cockpit and the engine. Painting as been done with airbrush using as always Tamiya acrylics. Hope you like it.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Happy new year!

Andy

P1000775_zpsbcd503c0.jpg

P1000777_zps3898ae84.jpg

P1000779_zpsef496a2e.jpg

P1000781_zpsdb47abe1.jpg

P1000782_zps826a91a3.jpg

P1000784_zps2f116b8f.jpg

P1000793_zpsd32cd996.jpg

Nice.

A lovelly rendition of the insane flying death machine! (eject straight into the air intake!).

Still not as mad as the Me163 Komet - Luftwaffe pilots must have wanted to murder the designers of these two machines! Poor guys can you imagine... "Congratulations Flieger-Oberingemieur Lachmann, you have been slected to fly the greatest technological advance in aircraft design and help win the war for the fatherland and Fuhrer! You are being transfered to a new unit equiped with the Me 162, this is a great honour!" "er... yes Geschwaderkommodore Krantz.... er... a ...er... great honour....I'm er... thrilled, no really....... when must, sorry.. can I leave? I'd like to say a last good bye to the others in my Schwarm and give my rottenfuhrer my things. Oh one last thing Geschwaderkommodorer, is the geschwader lawyer in? I'd er... like to make my er... will and then borrow his pistol!"